Things I learned today (Part 1)

Fire on the recipe, although I doubt I have the ingredients for them either. Every fucking experiment needs one or both.

Get a bottle of organic ale 5-7% abv. Pour it into a kilner jar. Cover tightly with a cloth. It will convert to acetic acid at a rate of 1% alcohol to acetic acid a week. So a 5% beer will turn to vinegar in 5 weeks.

4 Likes

I think I’ll stay with the annual purchase of a bottle for about €1.30.

18 Likes

The Bikini gets its name from the nuclear bomb testing which took place in Bikini Atoll in the 1940s.

The Bikini was launched a few days after footage of the nuclear testing was made public and the garments designer wanted to jump on the back of its notoriety and thus called the two piece swim suit the Bikini in the hope it would make a similar explosion in the fashion world.

1 Like

Banned poster Sidney idolized Gemma O’Doherty until she switched from left-wing bullshit to right-wing bullshit.

3 Likes

A pint of Guinness draught is 568ml not 500ml as I thought.

A pint of anything is 568ml

31 Likes

Yet the 500ml can very nearly fills a pint glass. Probably about 68ml off.

4 Likes

And there a row of them in your profiler. What rock you been living under :grinning:

Yeah I know this now.:man_shrugging:t2:

:joy:

Fuck I dunno, I just always thought a pint was 500ml.
I’ve never questioned it

Unless you’re in the US where a pint is 473ml.

1 Like

tenor (29)

1 Like

Exactly, people making up random measures for a ‘pint’.

Don’t be too hard on yourself pal. The Minister for health thought Covid 19 was named thus because there had been 18 previous Covid virus’s

1 Like

Don’t confuse the man

Thanks mate, that’s made me feel a lot better to be fair.

I’m just happy it’s 68ml more I’ve been drinking than less to be honest.

3 Likes

We live in the civilised world. A direct quote from a lecturer I had in college on the first day to the American students

That’s why beer is so cheap in Europe. They are doing you for 68mls every time

1 Like

I rarely drink beer in the US in protest at being conned out of almost 100ml.