Things I learned today (Part 1)

2 Likes

Saw a doc on same :wave::wave:fantastic humans

Same team? They had to win two Intermediate AIs in the late 60s to qualify for the senior championship.

No it would have been their second team. I saw a great picture taken today in Ruislip of the full back line from that London team prior to the county final

2 Likes

Why would you think that?

They were all from two clubs right?

Doubt that but not sure. I’d say Gabriel’s, pierces and Brian borus at least

2 Likes

Because I have two eyes.

What traits do you look out for in deciding this?

Also including two Connolly brothers from Abbeyknockmoy, one of whom is a father of David Connolly ROI, West Ham, Sunderland, Watford, Feynoord fame

https://www.theirishworld.com/one-of-the-greats-london-pays-tribute-to-one-of-its-finest-tom-connolly/

5 Likes

Brian Burton, aka Danger Mouse, one half of Gnarls Barkley and several other things is involved in the song Dare by Gorillaz.

1 Like

You’d imagine London could have put together some really decent teams in 70s/80s

1 Like

I’d say lads were too busy trying to make a few quid to get by and get home

2 Likes

Apparently grunge legend Mark Lanegan is living below in Kerry. Moved there last year. Any sightings at all?

Exactly, one would imagine the logistics of getting a team together to train and travel back and forth to Ireland back in the 70’s would have been quite challenging.
Also, I Can’t imagine the gangerman leaving Paddy out of the trench early to go hurling training

4 Likes

She a strong woman. And that’s what strong women do. :grinning:

Adama Traore plays for Spain.

Thought he produced the album.

He could have.

The name of Liverpool FC’s stadium at Anfield, came from the old townland of Annefield in New Ross, Co Wexford.

2 Likes