Things I learned today (Part 1)

Joe Hart is a Celt.

By God.

Living it Largo.

2 Likes

Cameron Diaz retired.

Gene Hackman is 91, is retired from acting for the best part of 2 decades and has spent the last few years writing books.

5 Likes

One of my favourite actors in his day

6 Likes

He was brilliant in Mississippi Burning.

1 Like

Jesus I didn’t recognise him

SKY have a lovely series of documentaries with talking heads, going through an actors career. His and Dean Martins were two of my favourites so far.

He’s been in a few belters. Unforgiven is one of my all time favorites

3 Likes

Shaun Ryder was once sacked from his job as a postman for biting a dog!

Drugs may or may not have been involved.

3 Likes

He does a bit of painting* as well iirc

*The artistic kind rather than what @Corksfinedtboy does

1 Like

I remember network 2 would have the series Streets of San Francisco on, Gene in his pomp.

Loved him in flake of stuff but The French Connection was my favourite with him, some flick

Was he in the Streets of San Francisco (a Quinn Martin production)

Hahahah!!! I just looked it up and seems my memory was rightly off!!!

I’d old gene down as this fella!!!

Come down off them drugs, kid. Gene wasn’t in that.

The Streets of San Francisco (A Quinn Martin production), that is.

1 Like

Not to the best of my knowledge anyway.

I better start taking them again as was around teenager when it was on the box! Clearly I was off mine

Karl Malden & Michael Douglas. Douglas was replaced by Richard Hatch (later of Battlestar Galactica) in latter seadons.

3 Likes

Was the hat in French Connection and the one on your man above I posted had my wire’s crossed it seems! Bulbous snoz likely played a part too

Poor ol Karl Malden, 12 years gone now. A great actor. Brilliant in the Streets.

His last ever acting gig was an appearance in The West Wing. He used the very same bible he used in On the Waterfront. A fucking incredible scene. #

3 Likes