Things I learned today (Part 1)

A superb book. My daughter only started tennis lessons this year. Hopefully not too late at 3 years old.

9 Likes

To make up for lost time you should Strap the racket to her hand like Papa Agassi did …

The pic that has been going the rounds as being similar to the Kabul scenes is of the Saigon embassy:

This is probably a more generally famous photo and is indeed of a different building:

Is the second one not the Radisson Hotel during the 2008 Galway Races?

14 Likes

No, there were three helicopters on the roof

Have you built the tennis ball machine yet? 2,500 tennis balls a day is what you need to be aiming for.

Emmanuel was a great fella. Made Andre what he was.

Was watching Reeling in the Years there and it was Des O Malley who gave Jack Lynchs graveside oration. There was some crooked cabal of FF crooks and slieveens surrounding him and green with envy that he got the gig. He wasn’t shy about throwing the knife into them also.

4 Likes

They got revenge 67 years later when they murdered Rod Hull.

Phil Jones is still at Man Utd.

2 Likes

Charlie Adam is still playing soccer. For Dundee.

Think I read he’s from there and grew up supporting them

Charlie Adam wasn’t a hun growing up

I actually checked Wikipedia there … he only played 61 games for rangers in all his time there and won nothing ! I presumed he’d played a lot more than that and won a lot more… didn’t have enough league appearances made before he was loaned to Blackpool in 2008/09 when rangers won league

bill paxton is the only person to have played characters killed by an alien, a terminator and a predator

1 Like

The 2001 winner of the Galway Plate was named after some Limerick hurler cc @balbec

Grimes

Westmeath has a border with Cavan.

The final event of the 1972 Olympics, the team showjumping, took place in the Munich Olympic Stadium on the Monday following the Closing Ceremony on the Sunday.

1 Like

Tammy Abraham has a brother playing for Newport County called Timmy Abraham.

1 Like