Things I learned today (Part 1)

Sounds bloody awful

The very top of the range Hyundai Tucson would cost of the order of €52k I learned today.
I was getting tyres fitted and my man was preparing a Tucson for collection by a customer. A discussion revealed it to be a UK import, not quite the top spec but would have started out around the €46k.
This was a 171 with 58k miles - €22.5k. The very top specs are only available on the mainland

A Tucson at €52k

The world is gone clane mad.

2 Likes

Gougers be gouging. We need stupid expensive things for rich people to waste their excess cash on.

Rich people don’t drive Tucson’s.Middle age middle class wimmin drive em
badly.

2 Likes

Keanu Reeves is now the same age as Sean Connery was when he played Dr Henry Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

5 Likes

@glenshane did you know that you can NOT become a British citizen but it will cost you ÂŁ372?

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2021/1007/1252379-irish-british-citizenship/

Assuming you’re over 18 of course.

Apparently you can apply to the British government for a grant to not become British

That’s unreal. Did you qualify yourself?

I’m waiting to hear word

1 Like

I assume that’s why his teeth are disgusting.

This explains a lot

1 Like

What’s that?

No sign of forklift operators there.

Phew.

Privileged backgrounds by profession.

Could do with an explanation of what “privileged” means exactly

1 Like

The top are the lads who’d call others “privileged”

Sarah McInerney will be disappointed at how low the actuaries are on the list.

3 Likes

The largest mural in Ireland is at the Crowne Plaza in Dundalk. It features LĂș the son of CĂș Chulainn with a wolfhound at his feet.

4 Likes

This is the longest way in the world on foot without the need to cross the ocean or any other significant barrier, it runs from Cape Town (South Africa) to Magadan (Russia).
There is no need for planes or boats as there are bridges.

There are 21,808 km and it takes an average of 4,310 hours to walk. It would be 187 days walking non-stop, or 561 days walking 8 hours a day.

Along the way, you pass through 17 countries, six time zones and every season of the year.

16 Likes

I couldn’t see any reason why you couldn’t go a few hundred kms past Magadan.

1 Like