Things I learned today (Part 1)

During every minute of every day of 2014 the world’s internet users – all three billion of them – sent 204m emails, uploaded 72 hours of YouTube video, undertook 4m Google searches, shared 2.46m pieces of Facebook content, published 277,000 tweets, posted 216,000 new photos on Instagram and spent $83,000 on Amazon.

What’s funny about that?

Martin Kaymer is dicking Kirsty Gallacher

Is madonnas still there ?

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1096221, member: 1786”]How low exactly the profit margins on PC’s are. I knew they were low but weren’t expecting them to be this low:

Lenovo is the world’s biggest PC maker, whose PC division managed operating margins of 5.4% in the three months to the end of December according to itsfinancial report; that means for every $100 of revenue from PCs, it kept $5.40 (£3.50) as profit (once taxes and other exceptionals are dealt with). Lenovo’s average PC sold for $570 (£371) in the fourth quarter, so its per-PC profit was $30.78.

That’s well ahead of Asus ($394 average PC price, per-PC profit $18); only third-quarter figures are available for Acer (average PC price $339, profit $4.37) and HP (average price $580, profit $23.90). Dell hasn’t published public figures since going private, though its consumer PC division often struggled to break even.[/QUOTE]
That’s what happens when you standardise components …you won’t see apple make that mistake

Funny. Peculiar.

They were all girls too.

Closed a couple of years now. Was called The Venue since the mid 90s, think it went through a couple of different names in its last couple of years. Horrible place. Once the nightclub opened in the rebuilt hotel people started going there, mainly because it’s not a disgusting shithole.

Well holy shit, only for the Brits the Cork boys would be wearing the Banner colours!!!

Cork GAA Colours /Corcaigh – Red and White
After British authorities confiscated their original saffron and blue jerseys, Cork County Board had to borrow a set of red and white jerseys for a fixture. Since then these have been the county colours.

[QUOTE=“puckitout, post: 1096645, member: 2553”]Well holy shit, only for the Brits the Cork boys would be wearing the Banner colours!!!
Cork GAA Colours /Corcaigh – Red and White After British authorities confiscated their original saffron and blue jerseys, Cork County Board had to borrow a set of red and white jerseys for a fixture. Since then these have been the county colours.[/QUOTE]

So they picked the the coulours of the red coats that took their jerseys in the first place?

not as good as @Pikeman on the ould photoshopping

The north cork militia

I share the same birthday as murder accused Graham Dwyer and his wife. :eek:

Wenger won the league with Monaco in 1988.

Leonard Nimoy directed 3 Men and a Baby.

If he wasn’t already a stone cold legend… :clap:

Eamonn Fitzmaurice is Paul Galvin’s brother in law.

Tfk needs a new manager

Bandage needs to post more. No need for stuff about international travel, just simple little story’s about trips to town and the people he encounters along the way and his treatment of them.

That joe needs to be put back in his box

I’m incredibly busy lately, pal. There’s a lot of business being done and I’m a businessman.

Ah here didn’t we thrash out that work ethic thing last week and the consensus reached was that work is only for horses and Eastern Europeans
Go off out to gorse hill for a spin and report back here during and after the trip
Let us know what the atmosphere is like up there, sure if you went to the mart in athenry for a spin I’m sure the stories would keep us going here for a week