Things I learned today (Part 1)

the bradford fire may have been arson

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/bradford-fire-stafford-heginbotham-martin-fletcher

There are over 150 types of blackcurrant, all named after mountains*

*according to the pack of Ribena I drank today.

Bernard Flynn’s son will start at corner back for Westmeath in the Leinster MFC this weekend. Tommy Carr’s son will line out at full back alongside him.

Does Bernard live in westmeath

I believe so, transferred to Mullingar from Josephs of Laois shortly after being ran down the road outside Pedigree Corner after the Leinster Final of 1991.

A biggie.

When Olly Murs was an X-Factor contestant the final fell on the day of his brother’s wedding. He chose to compete and the pair have not spoken since.

That’s Limerick family feud levels of stubbornness. Hats off to them.

James Brendan Connolly or Seamus Brendan O Conghaile was the first American to win an Olympic medal. His parents were from the Aran Islands and settled in Boston

I learned that rape, amongst young males, is very common… a 16 year old raped a 15 year old recently - 15 year old was staying over to play computer games etc. etc with his good friend and the friend, much bigger, rapes him. Counselling services say it’s very common these days and it’s even more wide spread than is thought as some young lads wont come forward after it.
:eek::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1125032, member: 168”]I learned that rape, amongst young males, is very common… a 16 year old raped a 15 year old recently - 15 year old was staying over to play computer games etc. etc with his good friend and the friend, much bigger, rapes him. Counselling services say it’s very common these days and it’s even more wide spread than is thought as some young lads wont come forward after it.
:eek::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:[/QUOTE]
:eek:

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1125032, member: 168”]I learned that rape, amongst young males, is very common… a 16 year old raped a 15 year old recently - 15 year old was staying over to play computer games etc. etc with his good friend and the friend, much bigger, rapes him. Counselling services say it’s very common these days and it’s even more wide spread than is thought as some young lads wont come forward after it.
:eek::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:[/QUOTE]
Now we know why you hate gaming with a passion

Yes, I think rape is very, very wrong. I hope you do too, Art. I’m not saying all gamers are rapists but i’m sure the figure is up around 80/90%

When are you off to Japan mouse?

July 20th

And would be higher if the warped perverts hadn’t let all their muscles waste away playing video games for days on end which has fortunately allowed countless potential victims escape their clutches.

Middlesborough’s Patrick Bamford was offered an academic scholarship at Harvard which he turned down. He is fluent in a number of languages and proficient at the violin, piano and saxophone. He also seems like a very nice chap.

Was there a suggestion somewhere recently he qualifies for Ireland?

Trevor Brennan wouldn’t agree.

:slight_smile:

He played minors for us AFAIK.

MUFC have paid Radamel Falcao close to3M in the time since he last had a shot on target.