Things I learned today (Part 1)

It’s yourself, not your self

Rattled.

You’re better than this mate. Let’s not go down this road.

Ok, tell us more about some midget who likes to whip horses…

He won a rather big race for the first time today

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 1130850, member: 129”]Smoking was only banned in Chinese schools last year, which as a result can now no longer sell tobacco in their canteens or accept sponsorship from tobacco companies!

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/apr/29/new-york-beijing-where-world-smoke-bar-smoking-ban[/QUOTE]
Balbec will be seething

The 17th green at Sawgrass is retractable

The director of the film “Searching for Sugar Man”, which I watched at the weekend, took his own life by throwing himself under a train in Stockholm exactly a year ago today.

Rocko’s mam is witholding cake from him, presumably for his own good. This has happened on at least one occasion but probably more.

What kind of cake is it mate?

Yesterday’s was a kind of lemon cake. Can’t confirm the previous types.

David Crosby’s parents used to have a note on the family fridge addressed to him, telling him to keep out of it.

Which seems a little cruel, if practical.

This building which I pass regularly on Fairview Strand and the inscription on which (built 5618) has intrigued me for years, is actually a mortuary chapel for the oldest Jewish graveyard in the country and behind it is a graveyard containing over two hundred Jewish graves. The inscription refers to the year on the Hebrew calendar when it was built, 1857 on our calendar.

[ATTACH=full]2929[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1145633, member: 706”]This building which I pass regularly on Fairview Strand and the inscription on which (built 5618) has intrigued me for years, is actually a mortuary chapel for the oldest Jewish graveyard in the country and behind it is a graveyard containing over two hundred Jewish graves. The inscription refers to the year on the Hebrew calendar when it was built, 1857 on our calendar.

[ATTACH=full]2929[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

A nice ‘vote no’ in hebrew sprayed on the wall.

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1145633, member: 706”]This building which I pass regularly on Fairview Strand and the inscription on which (built 5618) has intrigued me for years, is actually a mortuary chapel for the oldest Jewish graveyard in the country and behind it is a graveyard containing over two hundred Jewish graves. The inscription refers to the year on the Hebrew calendar when it was built, 1857 on our calendar.

We all know it was really built more than three and a half thousand years into the future.

BJ Novak and John Krasinski were classmates in high school and also played Little League baseball together in Newton, MA.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/Wql4s1R_IYbc9egRsRM1A-ukco4M7-SsEk81MLg6tLKDHIuwGN_cl2iGeYncKbN_RwuoCOUghVzfbiQdapy7RIsnnI9VwgO2zL1F1ACW-ohuSSiE4kkbLSY3sg=w512-h287-nc

Finally an interesting post on this thread. Well done Fagan.

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1149629, member: 2812”]BJ Novak and John Krasinski were classmates in high school and also played Little League baseball together in Newton, MA.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/Wql4s1R_IYbc9egRsRM1A-ukco4M7-SsEk81MLg6tLKDHIuwGN_cl2iGeYncKbN_RwuoCOUghVzfbiQdapy7RIsnnI9VwgO2zL1F1ACW-ohuSSiE4kkbLSY3sg=w512-h287-nc[/QUOTE]
Who the fuck cares?

Fair point.

How do i delete posts?

I am fascinated by World War II and the Nazis. I learned today that the French Resistance was still out to get Nazis as late as 1976.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Peiper