Things I learned today (Part 2)

Just finished watching that World Cup Captains doc on Netflix, it’s excellent for what it is.

https://twitter.com/drpenking/status/1721975028713992560?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

5 Likes

Fucking bono

Fucking @TheUlteriorMotive

1 Like

Alex Iwobi is Jay Jay Okocha’s nephew.

1 Like

Billy Crudup married Naomi Watts last year. Billy has had an interesting time with women and seeing him thank his 20 year old son at the recent critics choice awards when he picked up an award for The Morning Show triggered a memory about the kids mom

—-

From 1996 to November 2003, Crudup was in a relationship with actress Mary-Louise Parker. She was seven months pregnant with their son, William Atticus Parker, born in January 2004, when Crudup ended their relationship and began dating actress Claire Danes.[18] Crudup and Danes separated in 2006.[19][20] In 2017, Crudup began dating Australian actress Naomi Watts, after the two met on the set of the Netflix drama series Gypsy .[21] The couple married in New York City in June 2023 in a low-key ceremony.[3][2

In sport, ‘the yips’ are a sudden and unexplained loss of ability to execute certain skills in experienced athletes. Symptoms of the yips are losing fine motor skills and psychological issues that impact on the muscle memory and decision-making of athletes, leaving them unable to perform basic skills of their sport.

Professional golfers seriously afflicted by the yips include Ernie Els, David Duval, Pádraig Harrington, Bernhard Langer, Ben Hogan, Harry Vardon, Sam Snead, Ian Baker-Finch and Keegan Bradley, who missed a six-inch putt in the final round of the 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship due to the condition.

Stephen Hendry, the seven times snooker World Champion, said after his loss to Mark Williams in the 2010 UK Championship, that he had been suffering from the yips for ten years. He stated the condition had affected his ability to cue through the ball, causing him great difficulty in regaining his old form.

In tennis, the condition most often affects the second serve, leading to multiple double faults.

Or as we call it in the GAA, Mayo.

18 Likes

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

I’m a Mac Ghiolla Phadraig art.
Unlike them Fitz’s from the Duffry, French bastards

1 Like
3 Likes

Actress Shirley Stelfox (1941-2015) two best known roles were diametrically opposing characters.

She played the moralising busybody Edna Birch on Emmerdale for 15 years from 2000. Before that, Stelfox had starred as Rose, the vampish sister of snob Hyacinth Bucket on Keeping Up Appearances from 1990 to 1995.

IMG_7198

7 Likes

Edna Bitch?

A rather appropriate spelling faux pas.

Amended.

This building on Parnell Square was the largest Orange Hall in Dublin pre independence

1 Like

Knock it to the ground.

I like the bit where they found a cache of UVF weapons in the basement in 1935.

I spotted that. The sash windows were a lovely touch too.

2 Likes

Noahs Ark took 50 years to build and was as big as the Titanic. A JW just told me.

3 Likes

Cafe Nero have started charging an extra 30pence for hot milk in a white Americans as opposed to cold, which is free.