Things I learned today (Part 2)

They’re like the Tories with Prime Ministers

1 Like

Starmer is only the 7th labour pm

Jesus Christ. That last paragraph.

1 Like

Trust the Aussies!

Australia would just ask the Americans what they’re allowed to do.

Davy brought great stability

We only got 3 seasons out of Cahill and 2 from Fitzgerald. These out of towners are very flighty.
At least Patsy Fanning gave us 1 year.

2 Likes

There’s a weddings.ie type of person

More things I realised today than things I learned today but John Clarke ex 2FM boss/DJ and sometimes RTE Gold presenter and John Kenny, RTE’s goto voiceover man for Tailteann Cup/camogie/motor rallying highlights are two different people.
I’ve merged them for maybe 30 years.

1 Like

Was the different names not a giveaway?

1 Like

Like I said I merged them. Two became one. Short unmemorable surnames did for me.

1 Like

Chicago mobster Al Capone is the reason milk has a ‘use by’ date on it.

In response to Prohibition ending in 1933, Capone began looking for another source of income that was safe from the violence of mob life. He figured that selling milk could be his next viable venture. Milk had a greater sales mark-up than alcohol at the time, and unlike liquor, everyone could drink it.

As the story goes, Capone was initially inspired by a relative who got sick from drinking expired milk. He noticed an opportunity to innovate the milk market, which was unregulated at the time.

Capone had a charitable nature and frequently served those in need at soup kitchens that he established around the city. That earned him a reputation for being a modern-day Robin Hood, making him popular with everyday folk. What’s more, Capone’s outfit already controlled the bottling facilities from Prohibition. He would go on to lobby the Chicago City Council to create a law that required milk bottles to be stamped with an expiration or “sell by” date.

IMG_9212

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/garythegooner56/status/1813094767976395178?s=46&t=PYj9bwbGq9x8mR3JFzN-5Q

2 Likes

Steve Crams mother is German

I assume you were watching the Daley Thompson doc as well?

He was before my time but thought it was a decent watch - seems like a complete narcissist

2 Likes

Daley seemed to be a complete cunt when he was competing and has matured into an even bigger cunt now. His best mate is Sebastian Coe which is indicative of his cuntishness. Daley looks well for his age though, the cunt.

4 Likes

Black don’t crack

1 Like

I know a lad who knows him and he sounds like a complete Wally. Daley does too.

Could anyone do the needful?