Things I learned today (Part 2)

You can buy a Big Lebowski replica Donny urn for $380 online.

Annie Murphy was a cousin of Eamon Casey

4 Likes

No way!

the meaning of the word risible

1 Like

EG
@the_selfish_giant’s efforts to advocate for the environment were risible at best

2 Likes

One example of an inaccuracy that has simply become established “history” is the very word Colosseum. In ancient Rome, it referred not to the stadium but to the enormous statue of Nero next to it. The Romans called the statue the Colossus and the stadium the Amphitheatrum Flavium.

1 Like

angry gladiator GIF

Annie Murphy was a distant cousin of Eamonn Casey.

She was 24 and he was 46 at the time of the birth. She had returned to Ireland to recuperate following a traumatic divorce (you could possibly surmise things about that). It became accepted as normal relationship. It was anything but. He was a rotten predator.

No more than his buddy Cleary.

A ‘disturbed’ teenager is sent to live with him, as you do, and he gets her pregnant. I think she was only 16.

The likes of Byrne were enablers for these cunts.

5 Likes

I’ve seen Byrne’s interviews with Cleary as well.

Referred to him constantly as ‘Mick’.

They were mates obviously.

Joe Duffy described Byrne’s handling of this interview as ‘masterful’ on Liveline yesterday. He and Uncle Gaybo are getting battered on X and rightfully so.

7 Likes

Byrne was always a smug sanctimonious wanker that believed he was way more liked than he was

13 Likes

He’d remind you of a few posters on here.

7 Likes

Bro?

I agree.

But he was an excellent interviewer for the most part.

i always detested him - like his arrogant tone, the way he treated people he didnt like (adams) etc.

Also, for an entertainment show he had no personality, it was grim most of the time

he wasnt exactly Johnny Carson

5 Likes

He thought he was. He went off one summer to make it big in the USA, did a stint on some regional chat show in Pennsylvania and came back with his tail between his legs in the autumn.

11 Likes

In fairness it’s a fair odd place for an Irish person to head for a job in media? New York or Boston maybe.