Things I learned today (Part 2)

Was he invading your personal space?

No thankfully I was up the front and this yoke was about half way down the back. It howled the whole way through the flight. There was a bit of commotion with people taking exception to this (pardon the pun) carry on.

Was it worse than a small annoying child?

Was this a domestic flight? Comfort animals have been a thing in the States for a few years now

What did Bobby think of the whole palaver?

1 Like

Yes it was.

International flight. This was a regular pet not a comfort animal.

He didn’t think much of it when I told him about it.

8 Likes

We were flying back from istanbul a while back. Meself and the Mayo brother in law were flying back with the turkish lad. We got to the airport in istanbul and he waves us off to head off to the first class lounge and his first class seat while we het sat down with the normal folk. We passed out as 2 lads whove been on a cultural piss up for 4 days would. We met at the baggage carousel in Dublin airport. The turk was livid. Some lad had got onto first class, into the seat beside him with his yappy dog which had barked all the way through the 4/5 hour flight. We pissed ourselves laughing at him. Thats how i found out dogs can go on planes.

5 Likes

What about rabies?

You’d want to be some cunt to bring a pet on a plane.

EU rules on travelling with pets and other animals in the EU - Your Europe (europa.eu)

1 Like

Whip them around a field :white_check_mark:

Take them on holidays :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Also applies to ferrets. Interesting.

Richard David James, aka Aphex Twin, was born in Limerick.

Correct. He also had a brother Richard D. James who predeceased him. The Richard D.James record is dedicated to that brother.

1 Like

@farmerinthecity knows him well…

A few months ago we’d a crazy American lady brought back to us by a lady from Aer Lingus saying she cant fly. In true Aer Lingus fashion they just dumped her with us and then left us try to explain their policy. She said that Aer Lingus had refused her because they wouldn’t let her fly with her emotional support dog. I felt a bit sympathy for her until I saw the dog, which was bigger than the airport police’s Alsatian, sprint back into the immigration hall and leap over one of the gates

13 Likes

I think it was a case of the mother going into labour while on holidays.

Are they not invariably the same animal?