Things I learned today (Part 2)

Interesting thread on the marketing strategy of red bull. I was aware of a lot of thing but its well listed

4 Likes

On Dec. 23, 1999, an unemployed musician named Cristin Keleher broke into George Harrisonā€™s home on the Hawaiian island of Maui. Keleher either made herself a pizza or ordered one in (varying stories), drank some root beer, did her laundry & called her mother in New Jersey, before authorities arrived & arrested her.

Keleher spent four months in jail for burglary & theft. She was found dead in an apparent murder/suicide in Truckee, California on Dec. 19, 2009.

Iā€™m taking Harrisonā€™s side here.
Nobody breaks into somebody elseā€™s house.

1 Like

A week after that incident Harrison was stabbed by another stalker lunatic at his home in London. A year later he died of cancer.

2 Likes

Brian Cranston guest appears in the ā€œFestivusā€ episode of Seinfeld ā€˜The Strikeā€™.

He was a regular guest on the show as dentist Tim Watley. Watley was a gentile who posed as a Jew to the annoyance of the other characters.

1 Like

He was a re-gifter

3 Likes

Before a Christmas Carol was written, goose was the main food eaten at Christmas. Scrooge bringing turkey to Tiny Tim was one of the reasons Turkey took over

1 Like

Good to know

I stopped reading after this

1 Like

As I think about it, itā€™s entirely possible that Iā€™ve never tasted goose in my life.

1 Like

Red Indians??? What the fuck?

Queen Victoria having a Limerick ham for Christmas lunch is the reason you have ham with yours today.

4 Likes

I had a fine cut of Limerick ham today. Delicious, it was.

1 Like

Pickled boarā€™s head was a mainstay before turkey as well.

1 Like

Youā€™re not missing much. I ate it once an it was horrid.

2 Likes

Very greasy

And brown.

Same here never have and never will now

Nah, the meat is really nice, it has a lovely flavour, incredibly fatty alright but you donā€™t have to eat the fat, and you wouldnā€™t eat much, itā€™s very rich