Things I learned today (Part 1)

Whigfield did a dance cover of Wham’s classic ‘Last Christmas’.

It does not sound good.

1 Like

I’ve started listening to Malcolm Gladwells podcasts. They are interesting enough to be fair.
Anyway I found out today that Vassar has only 2,500 students in the whole college, Boudin even less. That blew my mind. I’ve heard of these colleges and they are smaller than some secondary schools.
There are more people in UL than Yale. But Yale has an endowment of $29bn. The state’s is mental really

2 Likes

Nick Mason has one of possibly the most beautiful cars ever made.

Having paid 37k for it back in the 80’s, it is now apparently worth oiro £50 million, and has apparently made him more money (if he sold it), than pink Floyd.

2 Likes

Nice looking car to be fair

1 Like

There were several potential threads I could’ve landed this into, the roaster thread, twitter, club championships or Tipp gaa but I think this one suits it best.

1 Like

Only about 40 of them ever made. Absolutely gorgeous cars.

Lidl have built a fucking giant distribution centre son the way into Newbridge. Its got loading docks for 84 trucks.

Its 14 acres. All under the one roof.

Thats about 7 and a half halting sites in Dublin speak.

2 Likes

Worth screwing over Syd Barrett for.

Dunno mate, I don’t know anything about that tbh.

that was roger’s doing, but he wrote a lovely song about syd in fairness to him.

2 Likes

Which he made millions from.

Wish you were here or Shine on you crazy diamond?

true, but is he happy?

as an aside, gilmour is a much better person than roger

It’s some sight, fucking enormous

Why do you say that?

I tend to paint them all with the one brush of shafting the founder of the group in the middle of a nervous breakdown and don’t know a huge amount about them other than that.

theres plenty of incidences of gilmour being a good guy and waters being a cunt.

but specifically WRT syd, gilmour was the only one who kept in touch with him and helped him produce some of his solo work. in addition to that, gilmour wasnt in PF long enough to have a vote on keeping syd

Waters went back stage before a REM gig and Stipe refused to acknowledge him.

First song they did was a cover of Dark Globe by Syd. It wasn’t on the set list obviously.

3 Likes

ah lovely.