Things I learned today (Part 1)

Only about 40 of them ever made. Absolutely gorgeous cars.

Lidl have built a fucking giant distribution centre son the way into Newbridge. Its got loading docks for 84 trucks.

Its 14 acres. All under the one roof.

Thats about 7 and a half halting sites in Dublin speak.

2 Likes

Worth screwing over Syd Barrett for.

Dunno mate, I don’t know anything about that tbh.

that was roger’s doing, but he wrote a lovely song about syd in fairness to him.

2 Likes

Which he made millions from.

Wish you were here or Shine on you crazy diamond?

true, but is he happy?

as an aside, gilmour is a much better person than roger

It’s some sight, fucking enormous

Why do you say that?

I tend to paint them all with the one brush of shafting the founder of the group in the middle of a nervous breakdown and don’t know a huge amount about them other than that.

theres plenty of incidences of gilmour being a good guy and waters being a cunt.

but specifically WRT syd, gilmour was the only one who kept in touch with him and helped him produce some of his solo work. in addition to that, gilmour wasnt in PF long enough to have a vote on keeping syd

Waters went back stage before a REM gig and Stipe refused to acknowledge him.

First song they did was a cover of Dark Globe by Syd. It wasn’t on the set list obviously.

3 Likes

ah lovely.

Much to be said on this topic, Waters is a notorious cunt, Gilmour seems a nice enough chap and can’t really be blamed. Look, if Farmer was offered a place in the PL lineup instead of one of the current members, and hed nake millions and have an incredible life, would he say no? I wonder how Gilmour feels about playing songs about how sad it was that he replaced Syd though.

Another thing to say is that AFAIK, Barrett had properly bollocksed himself on LSD and never really got better.

Away from the whole Syd thing don’t they give it all the ordinary man speel at gigs and them worth millions?

The stage itself probably cost the annual salaries of about 10 people.

watters certainly so, gilmour a lot less so. plenty of incidences of gilmour putting his hand in his pocket, whereas as watters preferes to preach a hell of a lot

What about Mason?

Wasn’t Wright meant to be nice enough of a guy?

in my mind, the three lads left in PF after they had a cuntectomy seemed to be decent lads. watters is an unmitigated cunt.

1 Like

It’s awfully considerate of you to think of me here
And I’m most obliged to you for making it clear
That I’m not here