Things that are right

“A Hoffy New Year” classic :smiley:

• Scots Clan sweets

• Toyota plc being handed their arses on their home patch by Cardiff

I spied a 50 euro note on the floor of the Crescent shopping center Sunday and walked over and scooped it up just as a traveller was about to do the same. He gave me a look of pure hatred and I’m certain utered some kind of curse on me.

Has anyone here been cursed by a gypsy? Should I be worried and need to remedy it with any wardens?

no need to worry cm, one pikey cannot put a curse on another

Wait, was he a traveller, a knacker or a gypsy?

He was a traveller I’m almost certain.

Was this traveller likely to have been a widow? Otherwise I wouldn’t worry about it.

Then you’re safe, different thing entirely.

KILKENNY is the cleanest, most litter-free place in the country.

Traveller’s have no magical powers. Gypsys on the other hand :ph34r:

Travellers do have some powers, they can make things disappear for example. But they cannot curse, purely because they are mostly inbred and have no ability to learn.

There was a great court report in the Irish Times once, written in the usual po-faced manner where it was reported that the judge asked the defendant (a traveller) if he had anything to say after his sentencing.“Yes”, replied the defendant, “a pox on all your houses”. Made me laugh anyway.

I think Barry Fry had to get a tinker’s curse removed from the ground of one of the football teams he was managing once. Maybe send him an email, CM. He had to urinate in all four corners of the pitch, if memory serves me correctly. You could try the same in the shopping centre.

I remember walking up Grafton Street with a mate. There was a Romanian gypsy begging right in the middle of the street and she approached my mate with her cup. He says ‘I’m ok for money thanks’ and walked by her. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her do weird actions behind his back which I assume was a curse. I haven’t known of any bad luck to come to him since - touch wood and all that.

He deserves a bit of bad luck for being so unoriginal.

Your friend sounds like a real joker, Farmer, he must have ye in stitches with his timely witticisms.

how did you know she was romanian?

Famer speaks fluent Romanian.

Victoria and David Beckham should be “flogged” as they are so “insufferable”, says Morrissey.

Morrissey can go fuck himselft. He’s a joke at this stage. A real portrait of why your heroes should die young. David Beckham is an alright sort.

Fair play to Marty, bang on the money as usual.