Things that are right

Agreed. Criminals need to be locked up in secure places. Any ideas on what type of facility that might be?

well not the type of prisons that give temporary release and the lads never come back; some of these places are more like B&Bs

Agreed. Criminals shouldn’t be locked up in B&B’s.

id watch my back if i were you, a few fellas with criminal convictions are posting here who are more than capable of paying your ma a visit

well maybe the ones that don’t get the Bord Failte shamrock… some of them are fairly rough

That’s good to know; she in Mountjoy at the moment

Barm brack
Spagetti

Winning games in junior b hurling.

The board today (or yesterday as it is now).

The intro to I Wanna Be Adored.

And the song that follows.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 809936, member: 24”]The intro to I Wanna Be Adored.

And the song that follows.[/quote]

Unbelievable. Words can’t do it justice. If that doesn’t stir something in you you’re as good as dead inside.

In terms of setting the tone of the album, buliding anticipation and sheer artistic brilliance, it must be the best opening of an album going.

The music is great but the main thing it stirs in me is “christ, yer man can’t sing for toffee”.

Fuck off.

The truth hurts, sometimes, I know. And I love the Stone Roses.

It’s not about his voice and you know it. Not the album version anyway, not when you’re pumped up with the promise of a night ahead or heading off to a match soon, a couple of cans in you and the beer and testosterone is coursing through your veins…

Yep. It ain’t “unbelievable” or “the best album opener ever”, though.

Regards,
Thrawneen (member of Farmer’s Music Snobs group)

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 809969, member: 129”]Yep. It ain’t “unbelievable” or “the best album opener ever”, though.

Regards,
Thrawneen (member of Farmer’s Music Snobs group)[/quote]

but you cant deny the outro to i am the resurrection is one of the best ever. and besides, best intro by stone roses is either she bangs the drums or ten story love song (honourable mention to tightrope)

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 809969, member: 129”]Yep. It ain’t “unbelievable” or “the best album opener ever”, though.

Regards,
Thrawneen (member of Farmer’s Music Snobs group)[/quote]

But, but, but…

I’ll get the DJ to play it in Coppers the night we beat Clare and we can debate the merits of it then.

Agree on that outro. Awesome.

Also agree that the intro to She Bangs the Drums is their best. It’s signalling from the 80s but it’s heralding the 90s, all in about 30 seconds.