Things that are right

Some ould codger from Muskerry told me about him. Although his cark accent was so lovely and musical, he might have been singing.
Some kerry lad told me he was a wastrel. I dunno who to believe.

Do you?

Wikepedia
“Timothy “Thady” Quill (c.1860-1932) was a poor laborer and occasional cattle jobber, who, owning no land nor house, did odd-jobs for the local farmers. Thady, although a burly man, was no athlete, and sleeping in barns did not endear him to the ladies - he died a bachelor. Johnny Tom Gleeson engaged Thady as a labourer. However, instead of paying him, he “immortalized” Thady with this ballad, which pleased Thady to no end.”

off to the sunshine coast for a week

the forecast is low 30’s

Noosa quite simply is the greatest place in the world

EOM

[quote=“Piles Hussain, post: 841514, member: 363”]Some ould codger from Muskerry told me about him. Although his cark accent was so lovely and musical, he might have been singing.
Some kerry lad told me he was a wastrel. I dunno who to believe.[/quote]

Cl

[quote=“Juhniallio, post: 841518, member: 53”]Do you?

Wikepedia
“Timothy “Thady” Quill (c.1860-1932) was a poor laborer and occasional cattle jobber, who, owning no land nor house, did odd-jobs for the local farmers. Thady, although a burly man, was no athlete, and sleeping in barns did not endear him to the ladies - he died a bachelor. Johnny Tom Gleeson engaged Thady as a labourer. However, instead of paying him, he “immortalized” Thady with this ballad, which pleased Thady to no end.”[/quote]

Close enough ya. Apparently he was useless at everything but told people he could do this and that and the song was mocking really.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 841618, member: 273”]Cl

Close enough ya. Apparently he was useless at everything but told people he could do this and that and the song was mocking really.[/quote]

Any similarities with yourself Kev?

Ya, one anyway. He was from Cork too. Even though the song indicates he was a Muskerry man(which I also am) he apparently was from banteer, which is not in Muskerry.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 840018, member: 180”]FOLLOWING THE TRAGIC loss of his daughter Maria in a traffic accident, the Ohio State Buckeyes showed their support for American sports anchor Dom Tiberi.

After the team’s game with Wisconsin at the weekend, each player embraced Tiberi as they passed him.

The commentator was visibly touched by the gesture, as he prepared to give his report on the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMa51rk7jRo
[/quote]

Beautiful. I love my national sport.

Sligo Rovers stuffing some bunch a gougers from Dublin in the cup

Withdrawing money from a paddypower account. Kudos to TTK and Kilcormac Killoughy!

Rovers haven’t won the FAI Cup since they left Milltown. The curse which I put on them in this post that they’d never win another FAI Cup until they return to Milltown continues.

Another Kilcoyne curse.

The fact you can deposit money in 20 seconds but it takes 3 days to get your winnings out always pisses me off. (First world problems, when you’ve the quality of tipsters that we’re blessed with here)

Apparently there were no murders in New York last week.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/14/no-murders-this-week-in-nyc/

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/new-drive-to-attract-brazilian-students-29670245.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/uruguay-marijuana-1-per-gram_n_4137179.html

Ah brilliant.

I was chatting to a lady in Whelans a couple of months back. I asked her where she was from. She replied ‘Brazil’. Her attractiveness went up about 200% with that one word. She had pigeon English so the only thing I could talk to her about was Brazilian football. She laughed at my attempt to say ‘Botafogo’ which I found amusing seeing as she couldn’t string two words together in English. We both agreed that Edmundo was a talented nutter before she was pulled away by her mate.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 849835, member: 24”]Ah brilliant.

I was chatting to a lady in Whelans a couple of months back. I asked her where she was from. She replied ‘Brazil’. Her attractiveness went up about 200% with that one word. She had pigeon English so the only thing I could talk to her about was Brazilian football. She laughed at my attempt to say ‘Botafogo’ which I found amusing seeing as she couldn’t string two words together in English. We both agreed that Edmundo was a talented nutter before she was pulled away by her mate.[/quote]
I’d love to hear her version of this encounter

:smiley:

Brilliant story, @farmerinthecity.

Can someone set up a thread to keep us up to date on @farmerinthecity interaction with Brazil and its citizens.

:smiley:

And it only took 52,500 odd posts