Things that are right

Bottom of the bin then eh? Nicely played.

The band will be getting back together, that’s for sure.

I’ve nothing else lined up at the minue though I’d like to remind @Mark Renton that I’ve bought a fancy video camera and intend being the next Michael Moore.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 910172, member: 129”]The band will be getting back together, that’s for sure.

I’ve nothing else lined up at the minue though I’d like to remind @Mark Renton that I’ve bought a fancy video camera and intend being the next Michael Moore.[/quote]
What’s up with Mark these days, bud? He is extremely narky of late whatever is wrong with the cunt.

this time of year there’s only one location if he’s going to take a dump and that’s behind the heater…in a government building with the heat on all day they’d remember @Thrawneen 's last day for a long time…

I don’t know. But I feel sorry for him. I got 4 laughs from my speech. If only Mark could find it in him to laugh sometime, maybe he’d feel a bit better in himself.

It does take something very dark or well worked to make me laugh. I don’t do cheap laughs from shows like the office and most movie comedies bore me to tears… In truth I prefer to be the only one in on a joke and get my kicks from others suffering.

I hope that’s not true, bud. Laughter is food for the soul-it would be terrible to think that you eat all the right foods for your body yet your soul went malnourished. PM if you want to get anything off your chest.

Did you pull the wings off butterflies or torture small animals when you were a child for kicks?

They say that to be truly happy you need to have three, or more, big laughs a day.

I’m sorry for you, @Mark Renton

I just took the lads I work with for Zaytoon. Wouldn’t take a cent off them, even though I’ll be applying for the scratcher on Monday. #peopleperson

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 910208, member: 129”]They say that to be truly happy you need to have three, or more, big laughs a day.

I’m sorry for you, @Mark Renton

I just took the lads I work with for Zaytoon. Wouldn’t take a cent off them, even though I’ll be applying for the scratcher on Monday. #peopleperson[/quote] hard

No, I am an animal lover. Honestly, I think I took too much LSD when 16/17and later pills.

You like what you like. No problem with that at all. Most people like what they think they should like to fit in.

I find it hard to watch a comedy in the cinema as people laugh at stuff that to me is not funny.

I find absurd stuff funny. Details are funny too. A very detailed absurd story is funny to me.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 910245, member: 2272”]You like what you like. No problem with that at all. Most people like what they think they should like to fit in.

[/quote]
Father Ted series 3 a classic example here. Turgid stuff.

Some of the best episodes were in that series. All of the worst episodes were in it too. That’s how it has a bad rep, imo.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 910245, member: 2272”]You like what you like. No problem with that at all. Most people like what they think they should like to fit in.

I find it hard to watch a comedy in the cinema as people laugh at stuff that to me is not funny.

I find absurd stuff funny. Details are funny too. A very detailed absurd story is funny to me.[/quote]

That’s what made classic Simpsons episodes so good. Incidentally Graham Linehan said that they stole the overly specific book title gag from the Simpsons. “So You’re a Priest Who’s Going To America”

The only film ever that made me laugh out loud was jackass2. This probably says a lot about me. I love clever comedy such as Fraser and Groundhog Day, and think tremors is an all time classic, but I don’t find much that actually makes me laugh aloud outside of real life. The hangover is a bit funny. Bridesmaids is one of the shittest films I ever sat through.

Hearing people use "mugged you off " in the non-internet world. It is a lovely phrase.

You must either hang around with lahndahnahs or cunts

There would be a fair intersection in that particular Venn diagram.

There were two passable ones, but nothing outstanding and nothing as good as any episodes in series 1 and 2. The other six were dogshit.