Things that are right

Unbelievable last hour or so experienced by Spidey.

Was in a good mood leaving the office thanks to a successful presentation to newbies at 12pm that could have been tricky. Strolled into town and a lovely day out. Barreled into AIB Westmoreland St to make a quick cash deposit. No queue and utilised the self service machine - great piece of kit.

Headed on up towards Grafton St and glad to note the doors of Trinity were returning to their original state. Swung onto Suffolk St and down the stairs of Avoca to Bonne Poulet Femme. Once again no queue and got my chicken sandwich double quick with a bit of requested skin in it. Barrelled out and sat down at the steps of the Tourist Centre church to eat a mega sambo.

Once I’d finished I hung a left down towards Wicklow St. There were free samples of ice cream outside Murphys Ice Cream Parlour and I treated myself to a butterscotch sample. A little boy had just nabbed the last chocolate one but I let the scamp off with a cheeky grin. Two doors down a pikey beggar pleaded with me to buy her some food. I informed her that Murphys were giving out free samples up the way but she didn’t seem too happy with the news.

There was some building work taking place in a new unit beside Madison nightclub and I launched my piece of plastic and spoon from the free sample into the skip outside. Just then a well dressed black man told me I was ‘Looking well brother’. I replied ‘Cheers pal as are you’ as we gave each other a knowing smile.

I hung a right onto Graftoner and took a stroll up Dublin’s premier shopping street. As I neared the old HMV a juggler was juggling three pins and trying to throw one at passers by to catch and they failing every time. I walked into the shop behind him for a bottle of water and when I came out he tried to do the same to me. I asked him how does he juggle street performance and a 9-5 job but once again he didn’t seem too happy with the news.

I continued on up Graftoner and hung a right onto South King St. There I ran into the most amazing looking Asian hoochie with great bristols. I couldn’t help but steal a glance at her back door. Perfect. I got caught by a lady across the road but her eyes told me that she understood. I then took a right at Zara and had a quick look in Ladbrokes on Clarendon Street but no nags took my interest. I barrelled across to South William St and the place was alive. I snaked my way through the crowds and came to Wicklow St again.

I fancied another sneaky Murphys sample but when I got there, there was no one outside. I decided to have a peek at the trainers in Size? Some great selections and very little shell toes which pleased me. Although the staff were at stage 7 hipster asking their colleague to put on that song that goes uh uh uh. I left the shop and took a sneaky glance at Murphys and there were the free samples again. This time a tray of honeycomb greeted me and took one for my ramble back to work.

As I came onto Westmoreland St a team of chuggers faced me. I was in such good humour that I would have engaged with them to some extent. Instead the main guy looked at me, realised I was having a mega day and didn’t want to spoil it on me and let me through unmolested. Result. I then hung a right onto Townsend St and enjoyed the junkies clucking away on the street corner.

Love this little city of ours. #LovinDublin

Ah super :clap:

You’re some man for the barreling :smiley:

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 928459, member: 289”]Unbelievable last hour or so experienced by Spidey.

Was in a good mood leaving the office thanks to a successful presentation to newbies at 12pm that could have been tricky. Strolled into town and a lovely day out. Barreled into AIB Westmoreland St to make a quick cash deposit. No queue and utilised the self service machine - great piece of kit.

Headed on up towards Grafton St and glad to note the doors of Trinity were returning to their original state. Swung onto Suffolk St and down the stairs of Avoca to Bonne Poulet Femme. Once again no queue and got my chicken sandwich double quick with a bit of requested skin in it. Barrelled out and sat down at the steps of the Tourist Centre church to eat a mega sambo.

Once I’d finished I hung a left down towards Wicklow St. There were free samples of ice cream outside Murphys Ice Cream Parlour and I treated myself to a butterscotch sample. A little boy had just nabbed the last chocolate one but I let the scamp off with a cheeky grin. Two doors down a pikey beggar pleaded with me to buy her some food. I informed her that Murphys were giving out free samples up the way but she didn’t seem too happy with the news.

There was some building work taking place in a new unit beside Madison nightclub and I launched my piece of plastic and spoon from the free sample into the skip outside. Just then a well dressed black man told me I was ‘Looking well brother’. I replied ‘Cheers pal as are you’ as we gave each other a knowing smile.

I hung a right onto Graftoner and took a stroll up Dublin’s premier shopping street. As I neared the old HMV a juggler was juggling three pins and trying to throw one at passers by to catch and they failing every time. I walked into the shop behind him for a bottle of water and when I came out he tried to do the same to me. I asked him how does he juggle street performance and a 9-5 job but once again he didn’t seem too happy with the news.

I continued on up Graftoner and hung a right onto South King St. There I ran into the most amazing looking Asian hoochie with great bristols. I couldn’t help but steal a glance at her back door. Perfect. I got caught by a lady across the road but her eyes told me that she understood. I then took a right at Zara and had a quick look in Ladbrokes on Clarendon Street but no nags took my interest. I barrelled across to South William St and the place was alive. I snaked my way through the crowds and came to Wicklow St again.

I fancied another sneaky Murphys sample but when I got there, there was no one outside. I decided to have a peek at the trainers in Size? Some great selections and very little shell toes which pleased me. Although the staff were at stage 7 hipster asking their colleague to put on that song that goes uh uh uh. I left the shop and took a sneaky glance at Murphys and there were the free samples again. This time a tray of honeycomb greeted me and took one for my ramble back to work.

As I came onto Westmoreland St a team of chuggers faced me. I was in such good humour that I would have engaged with them to some extent. Instead the main guy looked at me, realised I was having a mega day and didn’t want to spoil it on me and let me through unmolested. Result. I then hung a right onto Townsend St and enjoyed the junkies clucking away on the street corner.

Love this little city of ours. #LovinDublin[/QUOTE]
I’m ditching @Bandage tomorrow to go on lunch with you.

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 928459, member: 289”]Unbelievable last hour or so experienced by Spidey.

Nice story but it’s a little lacking. Needs a bigger, more consequential event in it.

brilliant - reminded me of this video of driving in Dublin in the 70s - evocative positivity

he covered a lot of the same terrain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWUferyKCww

I’d say @Spidey loves an aul strut. As I strolled into town the other afternoon ‘Gimme Shelter’ came up on my playlist, by fuck thats a song you can strut to.

Great story. Although some people will maintain that lunchtime should be spent having the craic with mates.

Don’t rise to it mate, the cunt is only looking for a reaction.

Given their disgust for jogging at lunchtime I wonder these people will make of all this barreling.

like a Ulysses that I can understand.

You walked around in a circle for an hour and now you’re happy?? Has the spinning stopped??

Graftoner?

Who the fuck calls it that.

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 928521, member: 129”]Graftoner?

Who the fuck calls it that.[/QUOTE]
The 1990s

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 928521, member: 129”]Graftoner?

Who the fuck calls it that.[/QUOTE]

The Harbinator

Sweet. If Harbo calls it that, I call it that.

You sick bastard.

I agreed to bring a lady friend (platonic) of mine home from a do in the golf club tonight. Anyway she phones me at the appointed time and I go to pick her up. So she rocks up to the car and she says do you mind bringing some of the other girls home. No says I. Next minute this beautiful lady that I have admired from afar at Mass for years (she’s a Minister of the Eucharist) hops in. Great banter ensued. Dropped her home and she gave me a peck on the cheek, for my trouble. #smitten

Fagan, are you a regular mass goer?

Fairly regular,kid.

Please forward this to the ‘‘Im on top of the world’’ thread. It needs a boost.

You old stud! ;):clap: