Things that are right

The pakistani lads were paying lithuanian, latvian and polish girls 10k…

The final deal would’ve been 5k up front and then 1k a year for 5 years.

If I didn’t have my nipper I’d probably have done it.

Stupid people hurting themselves is always right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t2zn7Ve0bw

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1002900, member: 180”]Stupid people hurling themselves is always right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t2zn7Ve0bw
[/QUOTE]

That’s it now - there’ll be warnings issued soon telling people to exercise caution when using buckets due a spate of ice related injuries. How long before a few TD’s are discussing it and appealing to the public to stop the madness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f2vFJuo6rA

I will be attending both the hurling and football finals this September:clap::pint:

Finished work at 1pm. Watching second half City Liverpool and drinking pints of sucker punch IPA with Coffee in Newport Beach, CA.

Rest of the day to myself now.

Update on Orange County. Surprising number of Middle Eastern looking people living here. Did a lot of Iranians move here after the Shah fell? Standard of living is highest I have seen anywhere. Conspicuous consumption is everywhere.

Having some sushi now. Washed down with some dark and stormys

Had a pint of Left Coast Trestles IPA earlier and it was undrinkable. Awful awful stuff. I googled it after and it scores 96 percent on ratebeer.com so maybe I was served something else or I have a philistines palate but it was brutal

My hotel is home to the current " hip" club in the area so might pop in there later. Who knows a cougar may take a shine to me and buy me a house out here.

Having a cunt of a mobile phone (Nokia Lumia 800?) that I found bamboozling. It (may) have hopped off the grass, but in any event there was a sensory problem. How am I doing so far ?..Junior Boxty says “Here, use this, a Blackberry yoke”.
Daughter says, “Fuck off Junior, Gramps will never work that”…But I found I could manage it, with limited useage…:eek:

I brought the fucked phone to the Vodafone store, put on my harmless Gobdaw face and said this looks sick…A lovely girl ( a munter in real terms) fell for my charm/stupidity and said “there’s been a problem with the sensors on those”…Really says Gramps…
I gave it no more thought until yesterday when text message arrives…Collect phone…I arrived today to collect same…Bubble wrapped…
I inform Junior, in the course of confirming my seating in row 328 Lr. Hogan on Sunday. What is it Pops…The fuck do I know…A fucking Nokia.

Junior coaches me through it, to discover it’s a Nokia 2.0TD 930, worth circa €4/450… He rang back to say he’s sold it for €300 + porter, money tomorrow.

I’ll take that.

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 1008080, member: 246”]Having a cunt of a mobile phone (Nokia Lumia 800?) that I found bamboozling. It (may) have hopped off the grass, but in any event there was a sensory problem. How am I doing so far ?..Junior Boxty says “Here, use this, a Blackberry yoke”.
Daughter says, “Fuck off Junior, Gramps will never work that”…But I found I could manage it, with limited useage…:eek:

I brought the fucked phone to the Vodafone store, put on my harmless Gobdaw face and said this looks sick…A lovely girl ( a munter in real terms) fell for my charm/stupidity and said “there’s been a problem with the sensors on those”…Really says Gramps…
I gave it no more thought until yesterday when text message arrives…Collect phone…I arrived today to collect same…Bubble wrapped…
I inform Junior, in the course of confirming my seating in row 328 Lr. Hogan on Sunday. What is it Pops…The fuck do I know…A fucking Nokia.

Junior coaches me through it, to discover it’s a Nokia 2.0TD 930, worth circa €4/450… He rang back to say he’s sold it for €300 + porter, money tomorrow.

I’ll take that.[/QUOTE]

Good man boxty. Arthur fucking Daly!

I’ll be in the Ballinteer House in Dundrum tomorrow night with the young lad (33) . I’m hoping to reduce the deficit of €100 between RRP and OMP by consuming about 3 Jemmys + pint to the the punters best offering. I’ll sleep till noon Saturday.
I “might” look up that 51 kip Saturday evening to rate it thoroughly.

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 1008092, member: 246”]I’ll be in the Ballinteer House in Dundrum tomorrow night with the young lad (33) . I’m hoping to reduce the deficit of €100 between RRP and OMP by consuming about 3 Jemmys + pint to the the punters best offering. I’ll sleep till noon Saturday.
I “might” look up that 51 kip Saturday evening to rate it thoroughly.[/QUOTE]

Boxty did you ever do a stint in the Arigna mines? I got chatting to the buck who gave the tour after and he had the same patter as yourself.

Arigna…My hole. That was for them, the natives, and the more stretched Leitrim denizens from around
Drumshanbo. I’ve done the tour there, sad, interesting, but ultimatley pathetic. There was horrid hardship involved, yet, many years after, the owner of The Miners Bar in Arigna is still driving an 141RN Merc.

In fairness, the Laydens were fair enough as employers. We’d tip down once a year, in my childhood years, with Boxty Mór for a trailer (2 ton) of coal. Boxty the Elder was a crafty hoor, he knew a lad there, had the bottle of Powers half-out of the coat pocket…We’d often wait an hour for the call for the winner chute…

Meanwhile, less crafty hoors from Mohill or thereabouts were dispatched with whatever was coming down the chutes. Collecting your own coal was a big saving back then, even allowing for the whiskey…

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 1008103, member: 246”]Arigna…My hole. That was for them, the natives, and the more stretched Leitrim denizens from around
Drumshanbo. I’ve done the tour there, sad, interesting, but ultimatley pathetic. There was horrid hardship involved, yet, many years after, the owner of The Miners Bar in Arigna is still driving an 141RN Merc.

In fairness, the Laydens were fair enough as employers. We’d tip down once a year, in my childhood years, with Boxty Mór for a trailer (2 ton) of coal. Boxty the Elder was a crafty hoor, he knew a lad there, had the bottle of Powers half-out of the coat pocket…We’d often wait an hour for the call for the winner chute…

Meanwhile, less crafty hoors from Mohill or thereabouts were dispatched with whatever was coming down the chutes. Collecting your own coal was a big saving back then, even allowing for the whiskey…[/QUOTE]
What’s the winner chute, Boxty?

Where the top grade coal came down Glas. The other chutes were a combination of low grade coal and a shale mix.
A bottle of Powers was a small offering that made the difference between us being warm and the rest of the cunts burning the shafts of carts and the bannisters of stairs along with the shite they got in Arigna.

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 1008106, member: 246”]Where the top grade coal came down Glas. The other chutes were a combination of low grade coal and a shale mix.
A bottle of Powers was a small offering that made the difference between us being warm and the rest of the cunts burning the shafts of carts and the bannisters of stairs along with the shite they got in Arigna.[/QUOTE]

@Thrawneen you could do a series of interviews with Boxty about the olden days. Something like Tuesdays with Morrie but “Fridays with Boxty” instead.

He’s usually smashed Friday to Sunday, I’d go with Thursday.

I’ll bust your head yet Choco…:pint:

Calling @Rintintin

:clap::clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esMnme69t2M

Couple of rum and ginger ales watching the sun set in Santa Monica.

My cousin who I haven’t seen for five years is collecting me in half an hour for a night on the tiles before I head home tomorrow

Home in time for the football on Sunday