Things that are right

How are your clarity levels Mac?

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 1048860, member: 109”]Pity you weren’t there last Sunday mate. The 3 of us could have dropped into you. Mrs Mac had a night out with the girls last night so I had the first night on my own with the young fella last night.

We’ve been up since 8 and have been out for a walk for the last 45 mins after I picked up stuff for a roast(er) dinner later. Tis a great morning to be out and about with an afternoons racing and evenings NFL ahead. #winning[/QUOTE]

No sign of @Horsebox at all. Probably had a rake of pints and a few lines of coke with the goys after the rugby football last night.

I Dublin biked it up along the canal and brunched in The Table in Portobello last weekend, pal. Then freewheeled down to the Green to check out the Christmas Market followed by some Grafton Street shopping. Could definitely have met you at some stage though.

[QUOTE=“Colin Montgomerie, post: 1048925, member: 9”]No sign of @Horsebox at all. Probably had a rake of pints and a few lines of coke with the goys after the rugby football last night.

I Dublin biked it up along the canal and brunched in The Table in Portobello last weekend, pal. Then freewheeled down to the Green to check out the Christmas Market followed by some Grafton Street shopping. Could definitely have met you at some stage though.[/QUOTE]

We were also in the Grafton St area mate, we probably crossed paths at some point during the afternoon

Like a freshly cleaned window

Winning 2-1 with two very late goals against main rivals for promotion :clap:

@Colin Montgomerie sorry I missed you earlier, it would have been nice to catch up over a coffee. For the fourth Sunday in a row, I woke up not hungover this morning. I had a brunch of 2 slices of brown bread, 2 poached eggs, 2 rashers and a tomato, grilled. I then went to Rathmines and put on 2 loads of washing on in the laundrette (I am having washing machine issues as mentioned in a highly entertaining thread I started recently), went to Lidl and got some shopping and then collected my wet but clean clothes. I came home and did an hours work while sipping a coffee I bought in the Village Cafe in Rathmines.

Once the work was out of the way, I made my way to Collins Barracks and spent a very pleasant couple of hours browsing around that fantastic museum. My quest for knowledge sated, I went to Ranelagh and had two lovely creamy pints of Guinness in Birchalls and then headed to Antica Venezia where I had a Calamari starter and a Cannelloni main accompanied by a glass of the house red. My companion had chicken wings for starter and Carbonara for the main. It was a thumbs up from both of us and I intend to return to this cosy little restaurant very soon.

All in all, a very pleasant day. One small downside is that I now couldn’t be arsed making my delicious chicken and vegetable soup for the next few days lunches but tomorrow is another day.

Something @The Selfish Giant said to me recently about my drinking and drug use masking an unhappiness really stopped me in my tracks and gave me a lot to think about. I have really enjoyed the last few weekends of sobriety and I am guessing that I have been a far more pleasant individual to be around these last few Sundays. It is something that I am going to have to mull over some more as we head into the silly season and a month long binge session that Christmas has become for so many on this great but complex little island of ours.

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1049120, member: 1537”]@Colin Montgomerie sorry I missed you earlier, it would have been nice to catch up over a coffee. For the fourth Sunday in a row, I woke up not hungover this morning. I had a brunch of 2 slices of brown bread, 2 poached eggs, 2 rashers and a tomato, grilled. I then went to Rathmines and put on 2 loads of washing on in the laundrette (I am having washing machine issues as mentioned in a highly entertaining thread I started recently), went to Lidl and got some shopping and then collected my wet but clean clothes. I came home and did an hours work while sipping a coffee I bought in the Village Cafe in Rathmines.

Once the work was out of the way, I made my way to Collins Barracks and spent a very pleasant couple of hours browsing around that fantastic museum. My quest for knowledge sated, I went to Ranelagh and had two lovely creamy pints of Guinness in Birchalls and then headed to Antica Venezia where I had a Calamari starter and a Cannelloni main accompanied by a glass of the house red. My companion had chicken wings for starter and Carbonara for the main. It was a thumbs up from both of us and I intend to return to this cosy little restaurant very soon.

All in all, a very pleasant day. One small downside is that I now couldn’t be arsed making my delicious chicken and vegetable soup for the next few days lunches but tomorrow is another day.

Something @The Selfish Giant said to me recently about my drinking and drug use masking an unhappiness really stopped me in my tracks and gave me a lot to think about. I have really enjoyed the last few weekends of sobriety and I am guessing that I have been a far more pleasant individual to be around these last few Sundays. It is something that I am going to have to mull over some more as we head into the silly season and a month long binge session that Christmas has become for so many on this great but complex little island of ours.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a smashing way to spend a sunday.

It was, mate. Considering October’s Sundays were filled with fast food, paranoia, self-loathing and danger wanks it is a refreshing and welcome change.

Sheridans cheese.

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1049120, member: 1537”]@Colin Montgomerie sorry I missed you earlier, it would have been nice to catch up over a coffee. For the fourth Sunday in a row, I woke up not hungover this morning. I had a brunch of 2 slices of brown bread, 2 poached eggs, 2 rashers and a tomato, grilled. I then went to Rathmines and put on 2 loads of washing on in the laundrette (I am having washing machine issues as mentioned in a highly entertaining thread I started recently), went to Lidl and got some shopping and then collected my wet but clean clothes. I came home and did an hours work while sipping a coffee I bought in the Village Cafe in Rathmines.

Something @The Selfish Giant said to me recently about my drinking and drug use masking an unhappiness really stopped me in my tracks and gave me a lot to think about. I have really enjoyed the last few weekends of sobriety and I am guessing that I have been a far more pleasant individual to be around these last few Sundays. It is something that I am going to have to mull over some more as we head into the silly season and a month long binge session that Christmas has become for so many on this great but complex little island of ours.[/QUOTE]

I was calling you a nerd up to last paragraph but great explanation on what the few zero booze weekends can add to your life. Maith an fear.

:clap:

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1049120, member: 1537”]

Maybe you just weren’t doing enough drink and drugs?

I’d say I’ll be putting that theory to a test next month.

A distinct smell of semen from this post.

:clap:

Great to read, pal.

I was pushing myself to my limits yesterday morning also… we’ve probably played our last game until after Christmas- but it’s what you do in the interim that separates the winners from the losers.

@TreatyStones - who you playing ball with?

What does semen smell like Petey?

That’s a clamping… @Peter G tugged off good and proper.

:rolleyes:

Hard to describe, wait till you hit puberty mate.

:eek: