Things that are right

also right

MANCHESTER United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was hurt when a man attacked him at a central London train station.
Sir Alex was attacked at Euston station at 4.30pm on Monday (2.30am AEST yesterday) after getting off a train, British Transport Police said.

“We can confirm that one of the victims was Sir Alex Ferguson and he received injuries to his leg,” a BTP spokesman said.

Sir Alex was not believed to have been badly hurt and later attended a function in the capital.

A 40-year-old man was charged with actual bodily harm, assault and a public order offence

youre a typical english hooligan foley

when i want your opinion, I’ll give it to you

[quote=“artfoley”]MANCHESTER United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was hurt when a man attacked him at a central London train station.
Sir Alex was attacked at Euston station at 4.30pm on Monday (2.30am AEST yesterday) after getting off a train, British Transport Police said.

“We can confirm that one of the victims was Sir Alex Ferguson and he received injuries to his leg,” a BTP spokesman said.

Sir Alex was not believed to have been badly hurt and later attended a function in the capital.

A 40-year-old man was charged with actual bodily harm, assault and a public order offence[/quote]

Manchester United showing respect for Hillsborough again today wearing the armbands after requesting to wear them on Wednesday night on the day of the aniversary. United are a class act like unlike you Foley.

a little tetchy today after the 8 cans of “wifebeater” i see

not at all, just not in the mood for your shite not that I ever am

Shan, what in the namojaysus has this got to do with hillsborough?
are you saying that bevause united wore black armbands at the league’s behest that they are beyond reproach?

Liverpool wore black armbands last year at the munich anniversary, but it has nothing to do with the price of turnips in bulgaria

ferguson’s behaviour is what he should be judged and on that he is a loathsome prick, marking the hillsborough tragedy is not going to change that or give him an ounce of class

[quote=“artfoley”]not at all, just not in the mood for your shite not that I ever am

Shan, what in the namojaysus has this got to do with hillsborough?
are you saying that bevause united wore black armbands at the league’s behest that they are beyond reproach?

Liverpool wore black armbands last year at the munich anniversary, but it has nothing to do with the price of turnips in bulgaria

ferguson’s behaviour is what he should be judged and on that he is a loathsome prick, marking the hillsborough tragedy is not going to change that or give him an ounce of class[/quote]

Ferguson is a man that has given his life to football… A man who came from owning a pub to become the best manager probbably of all time in football. His record at United and Aberdeen is superb. Has he done misjustice to you Foley hence all the bitter feelings you have for the great man.

I never questioned his success or his skills as a manager, however he is far from a saint

and you’ve never shied away from calling benitez a “fat spanish waiter”, how has benitez wronged you ?

[quote=“Captainshan”]
the best manager probbably of all time in football. .[/quote]

I have to say, United fans must be the most deluded fans in the world. :smiley:

i was just going to query ferguson been the best manager of all time - 2 european cups in 20 years at the richest club in the world isnt that good - didnt ancellotti say that he would never last with that record at a top italian or spainish team - villaonga won 2 champions leagues/european cups in 3 years at madrid- surely that is way better

St. Mirren (19741978)

Scottish First Division: 1976-77

Aberdeen (19781986)

Scottish Premier Division: 1979-80, 1983-84, 1984-85
Scottish Cup: 198182, 198283, 198384, 198586
Scottish League Cup: 1985-86
UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup: 198283
UEFA Super Cup: 1983

Manchester United (1986present)

Premier League: 199293, 199394, 199596, 199697, 199899, 19992000, 200001, 200203, 200607, 200708
FA Cup: 198990, 199394, 199596, 199899, 200304
League Cup: 199192, 200506, 200809
FA Charity/Community Shield: 1990*, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008
UEFA Champions League: 199899, 200708
UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup: 199091
UEFA Super Cup: 1991
Intercontinental Cup: 1999
FIFA Club World Cup: 2008

Im hardly deluded. Record speaks for itself. It will be a sad day when Fergie calls it quits.

Not just not that good, NCC, absolute muck. He’s a spoofer and he’d have gotten the bullet long ago at a genuinely big club.

paisley probably has a better record too

clough as well considering what he won at forest so i would say he isnt even the best british manager

muck is a bit over the top

just not the best ever

[quote=“north county corncrake”]paisley probably has a better record too

clough as well considering what he won at forest so i would say he isnt even the best british manager[/quote]

I have to go on the trophies and Ferguson has won more than Paisley or Clough. Its the rule Foley has stated that sucess is based on. It is also a lot more difficult to win the European Cup than it was back in the 70s so Uniteds current effort to retain it has to be admired as they are trying to reain the league as well. The disregard for the Cup by Fergie todays showed this I feel.

id say its easier now as its easier to get into , i also thing the standard of football in europe is declining

but im not disputing ferguson is one of the best british managers there has been- i

[quote=“north county corncrake”]id say its easier now as its easier to get into , i also thing the standard of football in europe is declining

but im not disputing ferguson is one of the best british managers there has been- i[/quote]

Good debate Ncc. Not just throwing abuse at Ferguson like Art is.

I suppose its easier to get into now but the standard of teams that you would have to play now in knockout was higher than you would have to back then. Was it 8 games to get the final back then? Its at least 12 now or could be 14 if you have to play qualifers.

[quote=“Captainshan”]Good debate Ncc. Not just throwing abuse at Ferguson like Art is.

I suppose its easier to get into now but the standard of teams that you would have to play now in knockout was higher than you would have to back then. Was it 8 games to get the final back then? Its at least 12 now or could be 14 if you have to play qualifers.[/quote]

would you rate the utd team than won the CL last season as better or worse than the one that won it in the 90’s?

Tough one as the squad overall was better last season than in 99 but the team of 99 had keane in the midfield but he didnt play in the final. I still say man for man the first 11 of the 99 side would beat the first 11 of the 08 side. Should note the strongest 11 available to both teams. The midfield of Beckham, Scholes, Keane and Giggs is better than the midfield players United have now.

Being a billionaire