Things that are right

Spot on Mac-what I was trying to get at I think.

I agree with everything you’ve said except for the last sentence. Des is all about Des. It’s Des this, Des that. That’s why he likes phone-ins and texts because he gets to hear his name on air the whole time.

It’s that whole ABU shite that he went on with as well. I don’t give a fuck what you think about anything Des, stop speaking for yourself and stop pretending to speak on behalf of anyone.

He’ll ask some shite questions I can guarantee you that.

Des: So Ger, I was in Ennis last weekend and I got talking to Vinny Flynn who owns the butchers there on the Main Street. He said to me “Des, it’s going to be Clare’s year.” What do you think? Huh? [snort]

Ger: Well Des, [Des is visibly excited by the sound of his name] I thought they played smashing hurling. People wrote them off after the league but…

Des: Yeah

Ger: … but I knew there was hurling in this team. And today they showed Limerick and they showed Munster what the county is all about.

Des: Biddy Early won’t sleep well tonight. That’s for sure.

That’s the sort of analysis we can expect.

Well said. I had forgotten about that ABU shite.

I think he was on the front of the RTE Guide once with his son. Des was in a West Ham jersey and the son was in a United jersey. They were making a big deal that Des Cahill’s son was a Man Utd fan what with DEs being ABU and all that.

And Cahill lapped it up.

I have no time for him, I usually switch off anything he’s on. Why don’t you do the same? Give yourself a break man

[quote=“therock67”]I agree with everything you’ve said except for the last sentence. Des is all about Des. It’s Des this, Des that. That’s why he likes phone-ins and texts because he gets to hear his name on air the whole time.

It’s that whole ABU shite that he went on with as well. I don’t give a fuck what you think about anything Des, stop speaking for yourself and stop pretending to speak on behalf of anyone.

He’ll ask some shite questions I can guarantee you that.

That’s the sort of analysis we can expect.[/quote]

Thats bullshit Rocko

Clare won’t get near Limerick this year.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Well said. I had forgotten about that ABU shite.

I think he was on the front of the RTE Guide once with his son. Des was in a West Ham jersey and the son was in a United jersey. They were making a big deal that Des Cahill’s son was a Man Utd fan what with DEs being ABU and all that.

And Cahill lapped it up.[/quote]

There was a little “in-joke” for you in that post too. I work on so many levels.

At least Des will pronounce it “Hurling” and not “Hurdling”.

I thought this was meant to be things that are right? In which case - fly fishing rods. One of man’s truly great and remarkably beautiful inventions. I spent ages in a tackle shop the other day looking at them.

Oh, and Aston Martin’s. A client of mine has a DBS. Bastard won’t let me have a go in it though.

And Des should say Meath/Westmeath rather Meat/Westmeat. So glad to see the back of Spillane.

Paddy Power’s take on the Man Utd v Sunderland game as their tagline for premier league betting:

Something In Reserve?

Sir Alex’s masterful tactical decision to get Federico ‘Rabbit’s Foot’ Macheda to accidentally deflect a shot that was going well wide paid off in spades as Man Utd remain in the driving seat. Do United have the luck of Champions once more?

All hail the almighty squirrel…!!

http://dynimg.rte.ie/00008b3e10D.jpg

[quote=“Watch The Break”]All hail the almighty squirrel…!!

http://dynimg.rte.ie/00008b3e10D.jpg[/quote]

As such

Did you ever train under Seamus Durack puke? He’s a big fan of the ‘as such’ thing as well. I remember one of the auld boys who was a selector used to always refer to him as ‘Durecks’ without ever seeing any sort of connection at all. Nothing funnier than stifled laughter in a dressing room.

:smiley:

No can’t say I have ever had the pleasure, in fairness to Clon there always seems to be plenty of decent and intelligent hurling men to take over teams, so outside men are very seldom brought in…

BBC Four.

If only all TV channels were like this. Pop Britannia on at the moment - superb programme on British music through the decades of the 20th century.

Munster fans singing Black Velvey Band to Tommy Bowe, funny out.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/images/gallery/Tommy_Bowe_Gal.jpg

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]BBC Four.

If only all TV channels were like this. Pop Britannia on at the moment - superb programme on British music through the decades of the 20th century.[/quote]

Great call farmer, a brilliant station

Typical scouser stealing that from the things that are wrong thread. At least Ferguson has won the Premiership. 10 Times. A legend of a man.

He is a cunt, shan