Things that are right

You might as well be pissing into the wind, mate, for all the good it will do.

1 Like

He has the best bit of grass in the whole area

7 Likes

Back on the saddle on Monday

2 Likes

I beg your pardon?

2 Likes

too much information

Will you flood the place?

Was at a fundraising event earlier for the girlfriends workplace, it was on in the army barracks in Cork. The bar there sells pints for 2.60 and spirits for 1.80.

@Rocko can you book the TFK Christmas party for there please.

2 Likes

Think it’s the same in the barracks in Limerick, was a motivating factor behind a friend of mine joining the FCA years ago

I went through the whole day without hearing a word about English soccer and only for d out that Dublin won the football an hour ago

1 Like

Club presentation nights. We went to Fitzy Jnr’s presentation night yesterday, a very enjoyable affair altogether. Bit pricey at $62 a ticket, but a great room, very decent meal and a very well run night. After a long season I think it’s very important that the players get a chance to celebrate their achievements and be recognised for the efforts they put in, along with coaches, support staff and parents.
It certainly beats the embarrassment we had last year at the CC Mariners Academy presentation, which was held in the car park of Soccer 5’s on a Sunday afternoon, under a very small marquee. It was embarrassing, amateurish and I thought was insulting to the kids who had worked so hard for the club all season.
Last night was the complete opposite and every young player there (13’s up to 20’s) looked very proud to be wearing their club kit.

Best of luck :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My first attempt at serious winemaking. 20 gallons of Syrah picked by hand in a nearby vineyard, cold soaked for two days and started fermentation last night. Will keep the forum updates on progress and obviously all invited to the release party in 2020.

16 Likes

Ah, that’s tremendous altogether, fair play to you.

1 Like

We’re sucking diesel now!

6 Likes

Ooh, fermentation.

Proof of a benevolent God mate.

Your god has fuck all to do with it. Science is the enabler, we should thank science for wine.

What the fuckity fuck are you on about. Science is a recent invention, hundreds of years for what we regard as modern science. The Greeks and Romans were making wine thousands of years ago.

1 Like

Of course they were and science was a big factor in it. Science is not a recent phenomenon.
Anyway, we’re talking along the same lines here, we can both agree that no cunt of a god has anything to do with the wondrous invention that is wine.

Fitzy Time

2 Likes