Things that continue to be right…or things that float your 🐐

1 Like
31 Likes

Martin Dunne had a Hurley workshop on Richmond rd as far back as I can remember. Id guess he was the only hurley maker in dublin for a long time. A smiling, gentle Kilkenny man. His grandson liam will be on the Dublin u20 panel v Galway on June 23rd. Martin would have been at practically every match liam played with Raheny and Dublin even while in obvious poor health in recent years. The line of Hurleys in the picture is a lovely tribute to a lovely man.

55 Likes

Can’t say much more than that. Fair play to you for sharing it.

2 Likes

On a separate note, how’s David Hickey this weather? Is he still working as a surgeon?

A wonderful legacy.

I was thinking since Jerry Kiernan died that a life being who you are and loving unshamedly what you love is a life well lived.

4 Likes

I dont think he is working anymore. He had some fairly serious health problems in recent years. I always admired him but he has given a couple of fairly obnoxious interviews recently that didn’t portray him in a good light.

2 Likes

Seen he wasn’t well alright and lost his wife to a bad accident in Cuba as well. A character all along but he comes out with some mental stuff!

1 Like

That’s brilliant :clap::clap:

Lowry said recently he asked JP about sponsoring offaly. Said he’d love to do what JP had done for Limerick but he wouldn’t have the money. JP told him he did. Just buy enough hurleys and sliotars for evrry national school in Offally to start with… Sound advice

5 Likes

It wasn’t JPs money as much the reforms he insisted they bring in, before he’d give them any money, that made the major difference.
The trips to Barbados are nice too though

And the rest of it… But yeah. You need to get them young.

Limericks own Roy Curtis.

What were the reforms though?

Just a general increase in competence really. The kind of people who end up on county boards are rarely the kind of people who should be in charge of what are basically multi million euro businesses

3 Likes

"Streamline " is the term you’re looking for

1 Like

Don’t do it mate, things aren’t as bad as they seem xoxo

Queuing for a pint in a residence bar, chatting to a lad from a different county about hurling, knowing it’s all good in the world. Happy bank holiday weekend folks :beer::beer:

6 Likes

Somebody give Binky’s post a shot there to make his day - it’s deserving.
3332 or thereabouts. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I’m removing a like for that canvassing.

4 Likes

You’re incredibly malevolent today. :wink:

2 Likes