Things Thomas Brady doesn't do

Go to Dingle. -an overpriced shithole.

1 Like

Clonakilty is twice the town Dingle is and itā€™s only 45 mins from my door.

Clonakilty is so awkward to drive through.

It is. You donā€™t know whether youā€™re coming or going.

Whereas thereā€™s a dual carriageway with multiple pit stops the whole way to Dingle? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

The drive to Dingle is one of Irelandā€™s great drives

4 Likes

Clonakilty has amazing publicity but ive never got why people love it so much. The town itself isnā€™t very picturesque, a decent pub in it, but thatā€™s about it. Great supervalu shop, ill give it that.

1 Like

It has really grown on me. Itā€™s Irelandā€™s premier holiday destinationā€¦ I had heard very little publicity about it bar the shite black pudding

The main thing that struck me on my couple of trips to Clonakilty recently was the sheer amount of butcher shops in the town.

The thing with clon is most of the good eateries and the likes are hidden ā€¦lots of alley ways and nooks. The market on the square just off Michael Collins house is lovely when the sun is out.

Not that much to do in Clon. Youā€™d do the Michael Collins museum in 15 mins. The miniature railway thing was twee but alright. We spent a few days there last year in the big family hotel which had decent kids facilities. Inchydoney beach was ok - wouldnā€™t be rushing back to the place in general.

Now that Fungi is dead thereā€™s nothing to do in Dingle. Itā€™s a has been town

An E-cycle around Slea Head with my pals last September stopping for a swim, pints, grub and pier jumping was one of my favourite days ever.

Weā€™re doing it again this September

1 Like

Donā€™t go chasing waterfalls

That triggers an echoic memory of a summer in Boston in 1995.

The Butchers Apron was always a favourite in Cork.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s three butcher shops in the village of Patrickswell, and a butcher counter in the shop

1 Like

Did you do it with the guided tour or amble yerselves?

Did it ourselves. Highly recommend it.

We got a guide for Mount Brandon climb.

Lol. Did he check the ropes?

4 Likes