Throne of Games - The Greatest Story Ever Told - Winter is here

As soon as the lads were given Star Wars they just gave up on GOT… needed at least one more season… they could have done proper justice to the NK story and a few other storylines this season and made the next season all about Dany getting worse and worse… She flipped in 2 episodes.

2 Likes

An Imp as Hand, a smuggler as Master of Ships, a sell sword as Master of Coin and a Bran as King.

The Six Kingdoms is fucked

I dont think it was maudling shite, I think the showrunners had justification for everything they did in their own eyes. The politicial intrigue was grand when it was just everyone looking to twist things to their own end, but over the 8 season, lands have been laid waste to, the dead have overrun the North, Dragons came and burned the capital to the ground. The two biggest political manipulators were murdered. Maybe they all simply looked at it, and thought fuck this for a game of dragons, and said let him have it. The world has changed irrevocably, the game of thrones is dead. Sure people thought it would go on forever, but for now, its time for peace and just to rebuild.

I’d imagine a rewatching would highlight all the glimpses of Dany’s potential to turn. Tyrion summed it up when talking to Jon, everywhere she went she defeated bad men. Everyone she encountered was evil and needed to be destroyed. She wasn’t going to stop with the Iron Throne. So when was she going to stop? Mentioning Winterfell sealed her fate in Jon’s eyes you’d feel, Tyrion just painted the picture by numbers for the slow witted cunt.

You’re an apologist for the show. No matter what dirge they threw out you’d nod your head …

1 Like

Dany dying should have been the last scene. The episode was actually ok up until then. Everything from then on was fairytale stuff

1 Like

Not at all, I’m a rational thinker who isn’t caught up in the emotions of a finale. I’ve tried to open the eyes of those on here for some time. This is the ending they foresaw, and laid out as a result of Martin’s bullet points on the ending.

I don’t believe it to be perfect, nor was it the ending I would have preferred. However I can look at it dispassionately and see the reasons why things came to be as they did.

Rational thinker and you can over look a zillion plot holes :smile:

Get up that yard.

2 Likes

Plot holes are in the nature of such a narrative, its unavoidable. In such a rambling beast closing all the storylines is nigh on impossible. Martin is finding this to be the case.

I’d say Martin himself hasn’t a clue how to finish it. But you are being very kind to them, it wasn’t so much the storylines as the execution.

I hated the way Sam gave the book on “Song of Ice and Fire”. Too much of a fairytale ending there

You’re a simpleton - that’s what’s really going on here.

Tis very easy write a one liner to explain stupidness away…

I’m merely offering a different take. People are quick to anger over something they have so much interest vested in. I can understand that, but sometimes we want something to be that which it is not. In time, I think this ending will be appreciated for what it was.

There was fury at The Sopranos ending at the time too.

A pure LOTR rip off – Turned 6 seasons of political intrigue into fan fiction for the last 2. Went against everything the show was actually about. They hadnt a fucking notion once they left the books and just bailed as soon as they got the Star Wars gig.

1 Like

I realise you’re hurting, you’ve put a lot into this. Hopefully when Martin dies and his half finished manuscripts are released, tear stained as a result of his inability to close out what he begun, you’ll calm somewhat and come back to this finale with a new perspective.

I never read the books - tell me how do they end?

They havent.

It’s a TV Show.

I cant even begin to fathom all this outrage because a TV Show did not end how people thought or wished it would.

2 Likes

Did GRRM have a reason for this?