Throne of Games - The Greatest Story Ever Told - Winter is here

It’s done, close the thread.

1 Like

I’ve no major deal with the ending really … it’s just how they went about it over the last 2 seasons really… turned one of the best TV shows into easily one of the worst… all it needed was a little subtly here and there.

1 Like

Yes.

Its a symptom of the modern era. There was always rage no doubt, but now its more visible and people have more of a voice through social media etc. Its also event television, which doesn’t come around very often. Everyone wants to, or feels they have to have an opinion. Then there’s the whole entitlement aspect of this generation. People feel as if they’re entitled to the resolution they desire.

I’m sure people were unhappy with how the likes of Cheers ended, MASH, etc etc. It just wasn’t as easy to put your opinions out there as it is now.

I wouldn’t be too worked up over it, it is what it is.

If any other show had the Battle of Winterfell like it was, it would classed as the greatest episode in TV history. It’s just because the standards of GOT were so high people are always gonna bitch and moan. An hour and a half of battle and people give out about how someone dies? Like seriously who gives a shit

1 Like

It’s nothing to do with wishing it ended differently. I honestly don’t know what I wanted to happen. The ending just made no sense given the timeline they gave themselves

Why are you looking for a logical conclusion to a show with Dragons, witches, incest, zombies and whatever the fuck Bran is.

1 Like

The people’s decisions were always logical in the show, then suddenly they weren’t

it was logical for everyone to fight the zombies… agreed. for fuck sake.

it was logical for yer man to bring the Mountain back from the dead… agreed. for fuck sake.

Logic has permeated the show.

2 Likes

I think your post is lacking in logic

while(bool got = true){
if (int zombies >= 0||int witches >= 0){
bool common_sense = false;
}
else System.log(“Fuck Off out of it you shitty fucking show”;
got = false
}

string king = “bran”;

1 Like

Where did all the riding go? They sacked a fucking city…and no riding?

Jaime Lannister was the only fella getting his oats.

The people’s decisions were logical. I never said the supernatural stuff was logical. Nobody would have watched it if it was always as lacking in logic as it was in the last episode

so it’s not logical to appoint an omniscient being as ruler?

See my post from yesterday above where I outlined all the ways the Dragon pit scene wasn’t logical

Tyrion admits he has made some terrible mistakes as hand of the king in the past, next scene Bronn has been appointed Master of Coin :laughing:

You’re getting a bit confused here … from my own point of view i’m not looking for the world of Westoros to make sense … I’m looking for the plot or story writing to have a level of consistency - that’s completely different.

Like the 10 million unsullied and Dothraki in the last episode despite them being wiped out at Winterfell.

Jon not being killed on the spot after killing Dany - how did everyone find out it was him?
The battle of Winterfell full stop and Ser Jorrah popping up where he liked.

A dragon wiping out the whole City – she had 3 of them, why not fly up and just do it then — the ease with which the second dragon was killed by a few ships hiding behind a little rock in the ocean.

Winter is coming for 8 years - then puff, winter is gone and not a single explanation about that whole story line at all.

Jon marches off to see the Queen, leaving Greyworm killing prisoners … Jon gets to the Queen and Greyworm is standing next to her.

Bronn getting from Kingslanding to Winterfell in a few hours - Jamie too – in what was a weeks or months long journey earlier … he then sneaks into Winterfell with a crossbow and threatens the two boys and sneaks back out again …

That’s just a few things off the top of my head, there’s thousands more… i’m not giving out about what way it went, just how they went about it – rushed, no plot / story - terrible editing - poor acting.

I agree with you bud. They made a haimes of it.

You nearly stabbed me in the eye for saying it early in this season you cunt.

1 Like

For some reason Bronn as the Lord of high garden seems to be lending the crown money.

1. Why did they give Bronn the fucking money in the first place?
  2. High garden was cleaned out last season and the money sent to Bravos, where’s all the money after coming from?