Tiger Woods

Elin says the same

He had a mental breakdown.

When is the Masters on?

3 weeks time.

1 Like

Just out of general interest, why is this being talked up as such an extraordinary ā€˜comebackā€™? The most talented player ever and still in his early 40s

2 Likes

Because of how far he fell. Itā€™s not that long ago he wasnā€™t able to literally walk, his body had completely fallen apart. Heā€™s had 4 back surgeries. It would be like the Rock coming back and playing again for Cork.

I wouldnā€™t compare a 40 year old hurler to a 42 year old golfer, heā€™s Tiger Woods and he can walk and swing the clubs fine, Iā€™m not wumming here, genuinely curious

2 Likes

A year ago he was outside the top 1,000 in the world rankings. If you donā€™t think thatā€™s a remarkable comeback then fair enough.

I personally think a lot of people felt heā€™d lost it mentally and was never going to recover from that perspective

https://mobile.twitter.com/daveyhannigan/status/1043974237143347200 @backinatracksuit saw this and thought heā€™d act the billy big bolox on here.

1 Like

Donā€™t be silly, itā€™s only golf. 80 year old men can play it.

3 Likes

Isnā€™t that because he was injured most of the time for a few years and couldnā€™t earn ranking points?

But the rock is a wrestler and never played for cork.

No, itā€™s because when he played he was absolute shit.

Weā€™re talking about Tiger not you mate.

I donā€™t think he was ever not one of the thousand best players in the world, golf ranking points have a short lifespan, a player who plays in very few tournaments wonā€™t amass many.
Again, this is not designed to take anything from him, I just donā€™t get incredible comeback narrative, heā€™s a fairly healthy Tiger Woods and heā€™s won one tournament

For anyone born in the 80ā€™s, Tiger Woods is golf pal. 14 majors, the likes of McIlroy wouldnā€™t do that in 4 lifetimes.

Itā€™s great to see him back after a difficult time in his personal life.

Itā€™s big news cos Nike and other assorted sponsors and fortune 500 underpant sniffers say so, now fall the fuck in.

5 Likes