Tipperary GAA 2019

Update on Barrett tonight

He’s gone from army AFAIK

Ah you’d be back from an ACL in 8 months lads, there’s worse out there.

If he had the OP next month he’d be back in plenty of time for the two in a row.

He’d definitely be plenty mobile for the beering and bringing Liam around Tipp.

Agreed, cunt of an injury at any time but he was probably doing his best Hurling this season ever in the jersey.
He was breaking a huge amount of dirty ball, getting the odd goal and scoring from play.
Real pity, he was really thriving under O’Shea’s guidance again.

Mild hamstring tear for Barrett

They shouldn’t risk him until semi final imo. Not his first hamstring injury

Ah there will be no way he will be playing for a month. Hopefully he will be togging for semi.

1 Like

Babs appears to be in a permanent state of seething. He fitted a few into that article but the unfortunate Len Gaynor is definitely not on his Christmas card list.

Len Gaynor gets it in the neck twice there :joy::joy::joy: pure hatred

1 Like

Babs is tremendous fun

Babs shoots from the hip.

1 Like

A breath of fresh air in the blandness of GAA opinion

3 Likes

“We got magnificent scores and Nicky’s goal hitting that hopping ball was part of the amazing skill that he had. It was like the goal he kicked in the ‘87 game in Killarney. I remember Mikey Sheehy came across the field to us after it and said, ‘Babs, I can pick out Maradona, Best or any of them but they wouldn’t have done what Nicky did kicking that hurling ball past Ger Cunningham’s hurley’. “

Except Nicky kicked the goal in Thurles.

3 Likes

:joy: mere details

“I’ve never went out of my way to make enemies. If somebody acted the bollox with me, I certainly didn’t let down the history or the knowledge I had of Tipperary and what the Tipperary jersey meant to me. I don’t care what opinions people have of me. I can sleep at night with what I have in there (clutches at his chest) and I don’t have any difficulty.”

What a warrior.

He also mentions Donie Nealon teaching in his parish. I doubt the accuracy of that too.
He’s an interviewers dream.