Tipperary GAA 2019

That was sone half back line at club level . Was timmy moloney sub goalie then ?

I only seen Cashel play once back then, I wouldn’t have known Moloney at all, I’d have known the Bonners and Fitzells. It was some half back line but the full back line was weak enough. A rugby player full back and a PE teacher in the corner, Tony Slattery was a gent, not the kind of man for corner back play in the 90’s. Donoghue was a big unit, don’t think he was ruthless enough either. The other corner back I know nothing about.

Justin McCarthy coached that Cashel team and said afterwards that the best match he was ever involved in was a West Tipp League clash between Cashel and Clonoulty around that time.

Clonoulty would have had Declan Ryan, Joe Hayes, John Kennedy etc.

That’s a great chapter in his book.

1 Like

I was at all 3 games. What an epic.

He idolized that team

Same as, 3 brilliant occasions. Real pity neither won it out in the end but the extra didn’t help.

Kiltormer beat Birr in the final.

1 Like

Fuck, your correct. Was young, dont know why I thought that.

Hayes was some beast at that level & Campbell hard to contain.

CKC should have won the first day tbf & probably blessed in replay iirc.

Croke Park is sketchy for me but I think the elder lads such as the Grogans struggled.

Campbell you must mean for Cunningham. If I remember right, the first day was in Cashel and the second was in Ballinasloe and the 3rd then in Croker on Paddy’s day.

Did Birr have a few sent off in Final?

Can’t remember but Kiltormer were carrying injuries losing Dervan and Kilkenny for the final.

A good Limerick man in goals for Cashel on that team

1 Like

some half backline is right

Moses

The very same.

Anyone else get the video which involved a former Tipp hurler and a guitar :joy::joy::joy:

A red haired lad from Thurles Sarsfields? That’s ancient

1 Like

Ah fair enough. I only saw it there.

Guitar was worth a few quid too I heard.