Tipperary GAA 2019

A great day out. @peddlerscross cost us getting into a playoff to win it. I’m sure it the shootout will be up on facebook with the Clare crowd losing out again.

Post road hurling refreshments were as good as ever in the salubrious surroundings.

1 Like

Last year it was done in 13 by the Cappa contingent. There is now an asterix after them on the trophy. Much like Lance Armstrongs T de F wins and Clares AI in 13.

3 Likes

Some year I’m getting out to ye for Stephen’s day and night. A noble event

My blunder was as bad as you’ll see so my apologies but shur look, this morning the sun still rose.

Some week for JD

1 Like

I presume JD isn’t one of the Fab Four?

??? Explain

Is the video that’s making its way around WhatsApp really borris players?

Post it up there I’m sure someone will let us know

Yeah, no.

What’s going on in the video anyway?

Erra it’ll get around chipp eventually

Looking at the surnames which ones link in with the current team?

Maher, Ryan, Stapleton, Kenny anyway. Not sure of the specific relationships though

Yeah I know the surnames, just wondering fathers/uncles out of curiosity.

Ballyhale have pretty much a full team which ties in with their past glory days.

Philip Kenny is the father of Conor and Niall

Mick Coen (RIP) would be father to Ciaran, one of the subs used, his wife Breda would be a 2nd cousin to Gerry and big Tiiimmmmy.
Joe Harkens on the subs is the father of Jody, another sub for Borris this year and also Joes wife is another one of the Stapletons, a sister of Mick Coens wife.

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure but the full forward McGrath could be a cousin of the Stapletons. Anyway, you can be sure that all hurling activity in Borris will have Stapletons and Mahers involved in it.

I’ll go through the ‘86 team a bit more as I’m sure there’s more comparisons but I’d be pretty sure it will still boil back down to Stapletons whether it’s the cross of Pallas Stapletons or Borris pub Stapletons

3 Likes

And Cashel fell two tiers since then. Must have really hurt the true GAA folk around Cashel to see them hurling Intermediate and not Senior B never mind Senior A. Although soccer referee’ wouldn’t really give a shit what hurling was done in the parish.

1 Like