Tipperary GAA 2021

So Sheedy follows Davy into full time management. Fair play to him. Tipp have serious financial power.

2 Likes

Indeed why not? Live is for living you only get one go round at it. You might as well spend it doing what you enjoy. All the better if you have some lad willing to pay for you to do it.

4 Likes

Absolutely, you won’t hear any complaints from me on it, fair play to him.

Dunno but I’d doubt it, he wouldn’t spend the money on that shite I’d imagine

2 Likes

Probably the best day I’ve had following Tipp watching it on the mother in laws couch. It would 100% have been the best if there was supporters and I’d have travelled. The undercurrent of confidence that week was brilliant…

Nicky would be from totally football country. A few lads from there played railway cup back in the day. A freak that he came from there and was a national star. Leahy slightly later was likewise.

5 Likes

Beautiful quote. Succinctly summed up.

1 Like

Conor Sweeney was on Woolies podcast this week, came across as a sound enough fella.

1 Like

Woolies dead on

I think Nicky played minor football for Tipp

He did. U21 too if I’m not mistaken. And sure he was a great man to kick a goal when he went senior :sunglasses:

1 Like

FACT!

I got to tell him personally after he kicked THAT goal that “Liverpool were looking to sign him”

2 Likes

He played 2 years minor and 3 years u-21, very unlucky to lose to Kerry in the minor in Clonmel in 80 or 81 I think, 2 points in the end and lost to Cork by a point in the U21 one of the years.

Would lads from Cullen have played Railway Cup football?

I thought the only thing thing of note GAA wise to come out of Cullen, other than Nicky English, was the Oola lads burning the Tipp jersey there in Dawsons pub

I’m fairly sure Mick Byrnes played.

Another of the Tipp 1960’s hurlers gone. RIP Tom McLoughney.

1 Like
5 Likes

Tom was a friend, just one of those lads you’d like to meet for a chat. Loved Kilruane and Tipp. Got injured in 63 but never got back on the panel, said they were just too good. He’ll be missed, but had a life well lived. So long pal, I’d love to be having a few pints right now

11 Likes