Tipperary GAA 2021

Fuck Toom

2 Likes

Clubman of mine is from Moycarkey originally, said they’ve good batch of young lads coming through finally. I remember them winning Munster club in the 80s and always wondered why they were never in mix

They’ve a heap of lads, huge pick

Listen to the end :grinning:

4 Likes

I think it’s up there with Toome being the biggest parish in Tipp with 3/4 decent primary schools feeding into it. Loads of decent players for the last 15 years but always loads of change of personnel every year. Seen as a bit flaky. I’d imagine there is a lot of internal politics in the club. Like many clubs the burden of an older generation of winners adds to the problems.

It is the biggest parish in Munster AFAIK. Goes from the edge of Cashel to Thurles, Boherlahen to Gortnahoe.
It’s nearly too big a parish if that’s such a thing. Good few lads who’d be county minors or on Thurles Cbs teams but they don’t retain them like other clubs around. This current group have been touted for big things since u14 and look to be ripening now.

They don’t get any hurlers from Littleton either which is a shithole.

Have Toome anyone on Tipperary panel?

No.

Have they had anyone since John O’Brien?

Jason Ryan and Mark McCarthy were on extended panels on and off over the last 5 years. They are missing a star.

McCarthy is a corner forward? Think I remember him as a minor.

They haven’t had much representation on underage teams either the last decade from what I recall

Yes he was a brilliant minor but struggled u21. Has been a good club forward over the last few years.

They generally have 1/2 on the panel but no stars. Putting in the work underage again but as I said you need stars to win big.

Joey mcloughney not playing this year is a huge loss.

Joey McLoughney was in around the panel for a year or two. David Young came in around the end of JOB’s time but sure they probably were both finished around the same time and Benny Dunne finished before them. Was Andrew Ryan in and around the extended panel one year? Mark ‘Tonto’ McCarthy and one or two others came in around extended panel but didn’t breakthrough.

Mikey Kaffir :joy:

1 Like

Was Youngs the chap who came in late v Kilkenny in 2’10and nearly got sent off no sooner had he entered the field?

Yeah. Hit a monster point as well with Benny and Seamus Hennessey.

1 Like

He hit no point that day but set up the Benny Dunne one

1 Like

I think he might have tried to score a Hollywood point but it dropped short and Lar scored another goal.

Not sure if he was going for the Hollywood but it was a whip and hope from about 80 yards out. The Bonner did the dirty work and Lar mopped up.

1 Like

Kiladangan v Nayna will be tasty. Eire Óg will have to bate both ends of Kiladangan to win the north.