Tipperary GAA 2022

A great day had by all at the annual road hurling in West Tipp. A record attendance of over 70 teams. I think we had players who played Inter County Senior Championship for Tipperary, Clare & Limerick in 2022 in attendance including some former All Stars and Young Hurlers of the Year.

A little disappointing not to see @Declan_Moffat at all and @Fat_Pox disappearing after 2 pints. @endakenny disappeared after around 9 pints leaving it to the much maligned @peddlerscross to carry the can for the forum and see it out till the end.

I ended up picking my all time Champions League XI with a local connoisseur in the last hour.

We went with…

Cassilas
Cafu, Ramos, Baresi, Maldini
Xavi, Zidane, Modric
Messi, Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo

2 Likes

I was disappointed myself not to be down. I’m on the ferry back to the mainland. It was only a short trip this year due to scheduling but I’m hoping to make it over for next year’s renewal. It really is becoming the premier Stephen’s day event around.

3 Likes

Its becoming a bit like New Years Day in Paidi O’Se’s.

It will have to become all ticket and a marquee might need to be erected.

With the tractor run today, it’s a bit of a festival.
You could see teams coming across in November to do a pre tournament run through. Former champion PQ offering the inside track on the course.

2 Likes

Cc @carryharry

What’s this about? I’d guess money going missing

Southbound taking a big financial hit there.

Its some series of tweets in fairness.

I’m fairly sure they cancelled one last year too but at least Covid was an easy official excuse back then.

socials, gaa dinner dances are dying out

It’s embarrassing :joy:

A pain in the hole to organise.

The meal takes up most of the price of the ticket, for the work involved it’s not really financially justifiable for most clubs.

4 Likes

One of the names mentioned in the committee stands out. I’m thinking he’s a west Limerick man originally.

Wrenn?

He’s a blow in alright

1 Like

They’d remind you of weddings.

Speeches etc.

Unless you win a County Championship for first time in a long time or the All Ireland Club, they are a waste.

Me hoop

Just a group of plums with serious notions.

They could of had a club night above in the Rugby club with finger food, band & Dj as easily & raised a handy few quid. A New Year’s Eve event perhaps

The cost of the ticket, hassle of Kilcoran, people organising childcare & dressing up etc. Who wants the hassle.

yep, less formal the less costly and the better

finger food and a DJ, keeps the speeches short, all in a less cost, less hastle for organisers and attendees

2 Likes

Aodhan?

I was in college with him. Seemed like an auld man even though he was same age as us. Was a FF man :joy:

1 Like

From Foynes?

He’d be one for here,

Kilruane have tickets for their dinner dance priced at €100. Same as you’d be giving the best man at a wedding.

Will surely put a few off.