Tipperary GAA 2022

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/1213/1266510-ryan-swaps-the-premier-league-for-premier-county/

1 Like

Could Moneygall lads play for Offaly if they wish or what’s the arrangement there?

Bryan O’ Mara is a loss. Had hopes for him making it.

Don’t think so. They’d have to transfer clubs.

I would have had him as a starter if fit. Big loss. He’s the best young back we have, along with Connolly, although @carryharry says Connolly is slow.

As far as I’m aware, he’s doing final year college exams next year which would fall bang in the middle of this round robin nonsense so can’t commit to it.

I’d expect this to become a bigger issue in the next few years as any young lads that are good enough (not that there are many anymore) won’t even be able to commit to it.

Seanie Curran is a fine club hurler but he has surely had enough chances considering he’ll be 31 next year

I’d agree with you there. The optics of him being picked with his brother as a selector aren’t the best either.

Only one L/C player brought in?!

There’s 4 there already.

McGrath x3 and John Meagher.

I didn’t think Meagher was on the hurling panel

Who else realistically? Liam McGrath at a push.

Not at all. I’d imagine he’s back to Australia anyway. Meagher on panel since mid 2020 @anon76546466 but has seen very little game time.

2 Likes

The Bonnar era starts

1 Like

You’d be hoping 3/4 (Carey, Morgan, Connelly, Cadell and O Kelly) could nail down a jersey now for the year. More freshness to that than anything Sheedy did post 2019.

Great to see Morgan and Connolly start. Kerry won’t be any walkovers so it’s a great test for the new lads.

1 Like

Wouldn’t surprise me if that team got turned over tomorrow but I suppose Kerry will be missing the Kilmoyley lads.

They could surely find another goalie and let Shelly focus on rhe big one Sunday.

Bonner Maher back for another season. Fair fucks to him

Kerry can’t even name a team yet due to Covid cases and the Tipp lads are shitting it that they’ll get turned over :laughing: