Tipperary GAA 2023

Wonder how Forde started going to him, decent trek

The two of em walking on sunshine under lights

2 Likes

Austin Gleeson be up there with him maybe, probably a bit more right sided. Declan Hannon & Ronan Maher are very 2 sided.

When Forde broke onto the scene he used to be hitting frees off both sides.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure travelling over to Dr Morris Park since he was 15 to play minor for Tipp opened his choice a bit.

Not only that but he used to switch hands on top as well

When he played for Nenagh in the schools, I think he hit off one side for accuracy and the other for power in frees. He could take a 65 off one side but if he wanted to bury a penalty, heā€™d switch sides. I could have this completely arseways

1 Like

You are correct.
Struck most close in oneā€™s off the left then penalties & long range off his right.

He changed this once he started playing with Tipp. Iā€™d wonder was it a special coach or EK that did this.

Great to see Stephen Dee from Solohead there.

Hopefully this sends a message that you dont need to transfer from a Junior B club to make a County panel.

5 Likes

Fair play to him is right. A great family. Theyā€™ll be bursting with pride.

That Gleeson fella from Gortnahoe is a great inclusion too. Failed to make the minor squad last year.

Really hope McGarry can kick on. Think he has a lot of the right stuff.

A great West representation too.

2 Likes

Best hurley maker/fixer was Jimmy Ryan (Newport).

2 Likes

Jimmy was our manager underage soccer. A gentleman

1 Like

Legend of a man

A lovely man. He could and should have been making the hurleys full time for years. He lost a nephew playing a hurling match in 80s and the family had no real involvement in GAA after that. I remember as a teen going down and him fixing a hurley. He could fix anything. The father said he was gifted. Heā€™d barely charge ya. I was delighted about 10 years later when he received some attention for the hurleys heā€™d make.

Heā€™d be too embarrassed, he had a board up at one stage with prices sure it was something likeā€¦ band ā‚¬3 , hurley shortened ā‚¬4 etcā€¦ :sweat_smile:

He wasnā€™t gonna be paying off the mortgage with the few quid he got

A humble man who lives a humble life. Heā€™d be embarrassed with the bit of media attention.

My father said he was decent hurler (my favourite was best friends with his brother growing up) but heā€™d a dirty enough side to him too which I was shocked to hear!! His wife passed away last summer.

When training football, heā€™d always bring a bag of oranges sliced up, and a few bits of old carpet for any lads who didnā€™t bring shinpads :rofl:

1 Like

Geographically located in the best area for his trade, Newport and their near neighbours Sean Treacyā€™s would have kept the man in full time employment. The two of them never spared it even on their own.

5 Likes

Chalk it down :joy:. The Ahane slashers over the road too

Few lads culled from the panel since the weekend according to my sources.

Did your sources name them?

Yes.

Jerry Kelly, James Quigley and Shane Neville gone.

I could see Kildangan handing out some awful pastings in the County League with a full squad bar Barry Hogan. Coach Egan can play in goals.