Tipperary GAA 2023

Thereā€™s no accounting for an idiot. This could have happened in any county in Ireland

1 Like

It happened in same county whose fans used sing about Sean Og being a refugee though

They werenā€™t the only ones

1 Like

I genuinely didnā€™t realise that happened to be honest. Horrible behaviour if so.

1 Like

Surely the least diverse sport in ireland attracts these people

What happened Ryan Oā€™Dwyer?

Fuck off with this shit. Racism is an international sickness. Youā€™re a sad man if you think itā€™s alright to get one up just because you dislike gaa.

2 Likes

South Tipperary is a fierce backwater and full of corner boys

Not the former Tipp and Dublin hurler.

I find myself nodding my head in agreement with you there tbh

Im saying the gga is way behind other sports in its inclusiveness, it should be called out on it

Iā€™ve heard a few racist remarks at LOI games too mate. Thereā€™s idiots and cunts everywhere unfortunately.

All we can do is lead the way through showing love and compassion.

2 Likes

Agreed, idiots everywhere but hurling and bogball as sports seems to be more a less a white irish game only looking at the make up of the teams competing for the a ireland (with a few exceptions)

If 10% of the popualtion are immigrants then intercounty GGA is way behind

Think youā€™re answering your own question there by the fact itā€™s an Irish sport means immigrants will most likely have a background in international sports like soccer and will naturally continue playing when here ?

It is but I think a significant factor is that immigrant families are familiar with soccer. Seeing lads handle a ball and punch it or wave a dangerous stick around the place probably seems a bit unusual to them still.

Edit: similar sentiments from @Bisto in post above

Yes, but immigration has been happening since the 90s , the kids of these are irish born and bred.

The football team and football clubs are benfitting greatly , the gga needs to catch up

1 Like

Sweep sweep

1 Like

[quote=ā€œStoneCold, post:429, topic:36247, full:trueā€

Tipperary is a fierce backwater and full of corner boys
[/quote]

Fixed that for you there.

1 Like

Read this nonsense yesterday. He came across as some bitter clown. Embarrassing read actually. What was he on about Limerick finding a grey area in the game? The offload and throwing the ball was it? Nowhere did he mention Limericks ball skills and execution is better and faster than any other team. He also compared Limerick to a Clare 20s team he seen recently that had everyone behind the 65. Limerick always have 2 inside and also have no problem playing it long and direct.
Also never mentioned the great games we had last year, Limerick involved in 3 of them.
He sounded like an auld man on a bar stool tbh.

3 Likes

You racist scumbag defending this.

1 Like