Tipperary GAA 2023

If they’re actually hurling over there, they’re at least keeping the eye in. And the majority of fellas these days look after themselves generally. Even if they are going out a lot, it’s not like they’re coming back out of shape.

One of our fellas came back from San Francisco on the morning of the 3rd round of Championship in 2019 (we had played 2 matches in April, and were off for the summer then). He scored 1-3 from play and won a penalty, he absolutely destroyed Mungret that day.

It will obviously take some fellas longer than others and if you’re missing significant numbers, obviously team cohesion takes a bit of a hit. But most teams aren’t down more than a handful.

Ballygibblon/Ballyporeen/Ballylanders a lovely necklace of options for Box Office Industries Club Challenge matches to take place along the Bermuda Triangle where Tipp/Cork/Limerick all meet.

1 Like

Beat them by a few points alright, not too much detail, that was about 2 weeks ago?

1 Like

Ah a lad who was playing was saying they went up and had a challenge match there then on the beer. Thought the way he was on about it was in the last week.

1 Like

Maybe last friday or Saturday week I suppose, potential in those nights all right for young uns

1 Like

https://twitter.com/stephengleeson_/status/1673810390256345090?s=46&t=naJekC2sVA0B68lxi_xLWA

I see the CKC have Stephen Gleeson batting for them now.

1 Like

That is the equivalent of a belt of the crozier for tipp gaa.

https://twitter.com/collins_df/status/1674386110821064706?t=aSuJio19FhdUlHUzOOOWBw&s=19

cc @caulifloweredneanderthal

2 Likes

Has he kids involved there underage?

Seamus has done some brilliant things in documenting & telling stories of club histories but that is the rambling of an old out of the loop man.

Loyalty to Bonner I’d say and Cashel being Cashel.

West championship down for 7th/8th/9th July with the county starting weekend of the 28th July.

I haven’t heard of any Kings playing with CKC in years, he would be nearly 80 now at this stage. He wrote a brilliant history of CKC around 1995, they won some amount in the previous 5 years losing to Kilormer in an AICSF. Probably had the potential to add another county championship.

Should they be renamed Cashel Cormacs so?

They have various aliases.

Was on about Stephen.

Seamus Kings granddaughter played for Cashel Camogie teams, playing International Hockey at the moment for Ireland

I can only presume they are fully integrated into the CKC fraternity. He’d be a big addition to any club to be fair to him, did a lot of seen & unseen work with Upperchurch down through the years.

https://twitter.com/Westtippgaa/status/1675228632736837638?s=19

Some win for our boys last night.

1-6. A penalty, 5 frees and a handpassed point. Football is some craic :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Lead 3-2 at HT :joy:

One for the purists I bet!

They deserve it. Won it once before in 2012. I’d say we’ve lost the bones of 8 finals since we first contested it in 02.

Not the best football team we’ve ever had but they’ll enjoy it. Delighted for them.

3 Likes