Tipperary GAA 2023

It is.

He’s a fucking embarrassment.

We need to return to the glory days of big Ed Donnelly or big Ger Ryan on the PRO brief.

Joe Bracken too did a fine job.

Tipp GAA TV is a good initiative and he is at least trying to do things but can’t help tripping himself up out of pure stupidity.

Leg or Breast like ffs :grinning:

I know Ger Ryan as sound a man as you could meet.

2 Likes

Joe was good too, but I think we excel when we’ve a big guy in there. Joe was too light.

Had a few dealings myself. Very decent fella. Munster chairman now I think.

He ran for election in the Templemore/Roscrea area under the Blueshirts a few years ago. He half heartedly canvassed me and I knew his heart wasn’t in it.

He does be in the Ard Comharle in Croke Park every Sunday these weeks. He had a good Drom/Inch man beside him one of the days he was photographed alongside about 5 Taosigh at the Dublin v Mayo game.

He must be near the top of the tree in wonderful world of GAA Administration.

1 Like

Big Michael Power is no longer Treasurer either.

I’d agree that being a robust figure physically is a big help in positions of power be it in the GAA world or elsewhere. Brian Kavanagh of Horse Racing Ireland being a classic of this genre.

You’d even see Security fellas in Shannon Airport and these places carrying big guts on them, or even Gardai of a certain age, and they command that extra bit of respect.

1 Like

Big Rob Ryan being a perfect example.

5 Likes

On any building site, the main foreman will generally carry a good gut with him.

Bouncers too.

Clubber is some job. 17 live games in the Tipp championships this weekend

3 Likes

Unreal really.

They’d hardly get many people to buy a lot of the games.

If GAAGO couldnt get more that 1k-2k to buy some Intercounty games, I cant see more than 10 or 20 people buying some club Intermediate games, but they are making a go of it anyway.

Showing Waterford games too.

PRO seems to be the easiest route to the top table

1 Like

Yeah you’d wonder how they’re making money

Typical “he’s not that kind of player”
Nasty nasty challenge that.

1 Like

The neediness is off the charts.

Is it not €99 for a season ticket for all Tipp club games, good value in fairness.

1 Like

Would they get 300-500 people to pay that?

Getting cameras to 18 games per weekend is some expense.

Lot of double headers?