Tipperary GAA 2023

The school almost closed for good a few years ago.

1 Like

I thought it was more of a rubby school? They have a fine set up there. a good few pitches.

Out past the Golf Club is close to Laois and as you head towards Knock.

Golf academy there too with a full time professional employed; not sure if many boarding schools would have that. The guy who was the Pro in Birr is working out of there

They got to all ireland c, semi final last year. Rugby would be main sport but they often get a handful of very decent hurlers. Alan Tynan went to school there.

They had a very good team about 20 years ago. The Maloneys from Nenagh and Devaneys from Toome went there. Fitzgeralds from Roscrea also.

They reached a B All Ireland around then.

The O’Briens from Toome went there as did the Phelan’s from Clara. Then had a sprinkling of players from around Galway, Offaly, Laois and I think Red Barry from Wexford was on that winning team. I think Stephen Lucey went there but could be wrong on that

1 Like

All correct.

The O’Briens were to be feared in schools competitions back then, fucking hoores.

Sounds like a classic between @peddlerscross and @Fat_Pox crowd and Drom in the football. 4 points to 2 at half time

2 Likes

Basically a relegation final in the 1st round

Did we win?

We are staying up, we are staying up.

7pts to 6.

The 2nd game in a row we’ve won scoring only 7 times.

Must find out if we kicked a point from play this time round.

7 Likes

No and a strong enough team out, a good few senior hurlers playing.

Do they play hurling in Munster? They play rugby in their own province.

Sorry Leinster in both.

Were you at it? Callanan and all came on for a finish.

@Fat_Pox we scored 5 points from play.

Must relive it all back on Clubber now.

3 Likes

They really let the handbrake off tonight.

1 Like

As the saying goes I wouldn’t cross the road to look at it

Liquid football. Dr.Crokes are worried