Tipperary GAA 2023

Are you saving yourself for the hurling this year?

Fuck Drom

Sounds like a humdinger

1 Like

The power rankings have taken a hit.

Big upset tonight with Moycarkey turning over Loughmore.

The Taliban won’t like that.

Ah stop.

A Moycarkey man said to me this afternoon they were only an Intermediate team

Eddie Brennan :clap::clap:

That could rightly fuck up their hurling aspirations

Sure most senior football teams are. Should be an 8 team championship

1 Like

A year tomorrow.

6 Likes

5 point win for Drom for a finish :nigeria:

1 Like

The Taliban beat Holycross in a very high scoring game. Cc @StoneCold

Cathal Barrett with 1-05 for Holycross.

2 Likes

I am drinking in Taliban country presently

2 Likes

I was in attendance in Littleton tonight to see Drom-Inch vs Mullinahone, stopped into the Washpen in Castleiney afterwards for a scoop and Shanks’ Mare got me home to the Tipperary/Laois/Kilkenny tri county borderlands.

Drom hurled well in fits and starts but highly dependent Callanan and Johnny Ryan, two guys who are turning 35 next month I was told tonight. Tommy Nolan was the other standout in the Drom forwards, scoring 1-3 off limited supply. Drom should have a say in the destination of Dan Breen, but I fear much like the Tipp crowd they are an excitable sort when in a run of form.

Nice to see Eoin Kelly doing the “ex skillful full forward struggling with weight and past injuries who might do a job in goals” cliché justice tonight; comical scenes early in the match as the ball was passed back to him and he soloed to himself and bounced the ball off the ground taking his time as Drom refused to press.

3 Likes

Tommy Nolan could have been anything. One of the best Under 16’s ever, way back.

On a beautiful Autumn Saturday in 2012, Drom did an incredible double over Clonoulty Rossmore. In the afternoon, Tommy Nolan and the boys won out 0-22 to 2-09 in the Under 16 County Semi Final while Callanan and the Luptons ran riot in the Senior that night in Semple. That actually ended Liam Cahill’s reign as Clonoulty boss.

If you’d said that night, that Drom wouldn’t win another Senior County Final in the next 10 years, people would have rolled their eyes…

Anyway, Cahill won’t be picking Nolan now at this stage for Tipp, but what a talent.

Drom gave us the gift of perfect hurling that night; they fucked up in 2013 when they were cruising and Nenagh ambushed them in Templemore.

A rush of blood to the head by James Woodlock cost them in 2014, when he lashed out at a young Billy McCarthy cc @downyourthroats. They were hurling well that day

1 Like

2013 was an almighty fuck up. They were the best team in it by a mile and had beaten Loughmore/Taliban by at least 15 points in the Mid Final.

2014 v Sars was Tommy Nolan’s debut as a 17 year old. He’d 1-02 scored early on before Woody’s rush of blood to the head. Drom lead most of the way still but eventually ran of legs.

2015 was the year Sheedy came in and couldn’t get it done. They were in decline by then though.

A good story re Drom.

Austin Broderick, father of international show jumper Greg, (@treatystones knows who I’m on about), was voted in as Chairman in 2010. He felt he had to make a statement in his new role, so the man employed to lead them to the promised land was Pajo Whelan cc @limericks

Anyway, after a few months of fairly underwhelming training, Drom spluttered to a Mid Final where there opponents would be Sars. Pajo was given the final word following the Friday night puck around. His last words to the team were “Ye have nothing to be afraid of; sure they have never won a Munster Club and it sickens them” :smiley:

7 Likes

A man who failed upwards only. Admirable really. Never afraid to fail