Tipperary GAA 2023

The Nenagh keeper must be president of the EK fan club the way he lepped out of the way

Ah that makes sense I thought it seemed especially solemn, I was wondering if it something to do with anniversary of Dillon Quirkeā€™s passing but that was nearly a month ago.

Brackens are a serious bogey team for Drom over the years. A great team when playing for pride or local bragging rights

Well Drom were fair bad today anyways. I couldnā€™t see anyone fearing them in the quarters.

Brutal alright . They are very a hot and cold team. Nothing at stake today and it was challenge match intensity to be honest

Seemed to lack any real structure or game plan. JKB actually looked to have much more a system. They used the sweeper far more effectively. I know Drom were through already but I still would have thought youā€™d be trying to drive things on.

Who do teams play in prelims?

Itā€™s an woefully Convoluted system and in no way box office.

1 Like

Seems nuts to be fair.

Itā€™s a great system.

Clonoulty and nenagh will play two of the second place teams. Repeat pairings are not allowed.

I could see Clonoulty going far but they are also in a relegation semi final if they donā€™t reach the county final.

1 Like

Itā€™s utterly bizzare a team could win the county and relegation final in the same season

It is but itā€™s brilliant.

If a team gets to the county final they are out of relegation afaik.

Clonoulty get a preliminary quarter final on the basis of winning a West title v intermediate teams. Seems nuts.

It is nuts but clubs will never vote against the divisional link so it will remain.

Did the keeper even bother moving there ? :rofl:

After walking up the pitch, there was no way Kelly was taking a run up to that pen

https://twitter.com/PremierviewPod/status/1695803146885308807?t=4u1EWolZbGTSzP3fdDyAmQ&s=19

The three tiers are great. Yes the preliminary quarters mix it up a bit but hey, the divisions are box office.

1 Like

Probably my favourite ever hurling match was the club winning the North replay in 1996. My auld lad couldnā€™t believe it. I still think the divisions hold a lot of value for many people

1 Like

And this is why they are and should be kept. Ask any Church man. I was gone when we won one but Iā€™m sure @peddlerscross , @Fat_Pox and @endakenny will tel you.

The divisions are great. The West is an issue due to lack of competition for Clonoulty though. Mullinahone never have it all their own way in the south despite being the only Dan Breen team in contrast

Its a funny the way its fallen but Clonoulty will probably fancy their chances a lot more vs Holycross/Roscrea/Mullinahone in the Preliminary Quarter Final than they will vs Kilruane/JK Brackens/Upperchurch in the Relegation. None of the 4 in Relegation this year have been in it previously for a good few years.

They must win the County Final to exempt themselves from Relegation as far as I know. Just reaching the final isnā€™t enough.