Tipperary GAA 2023

@StoneCold itā€™s in the melting pot. Probably advantage Roscrea given the wind.

Drom three up. A few minutes left.

Drom win by 4. Great stuff.

Mighty match. Great hurling in the conditions.

https://x.com/premierviewpod/status/1741107871998238778?s=46&t=1bUNPsFjZDEDWNnZVdBdjQ

Who has sign off on this? Shocking

Generally an excellent publication. I wouldnā€™t be too hard on them.

A bit rich those lads on that premierview twitter having a cut. There are some luaders on that.

3 Likes

Third goal was a sickener. Roscrea wasted a couple of frees near the end

1 Like

The Yearbook used to be a serious publication but its been dumbed down significantly in recent years.

A little like the GAA in general.

Their goal was crazy, some pull, great response to go for the goal straight after and that was the difference. That half forward had a super game, only 17 and serious work rate.

1 Like

Just in the door from Templederry and the arse is frozen off me. Will head to The Ragg afterwards to join the celebrations

Drom wasted a lot of ball in the second half. Probably should have had another 4 or 5 points on the board at least. Cormac Fitz will be a star if he continues to develop; 17 years old and the main man on this team. They shot from the outside a lot into the wind instead of trying to find Fitz. He always makes something happen with the ball.

The day was topped off with a spot of Big Rob Ryan engaging in a bit of banter with Seamie Callananā€™s father after the final whistle.

6 Likes

Campion at Center back was a terror for it.
Should have just kept popping it into the corners. They were getting great joy.

It was absolutely bitter.

1 Like

I know. Itā€™s top class. Which makes it even more surprising/shocking.

In the ex West Secretary still involved with Premierview?

He be on some of the pods. The ones on the club championship ainā€™t that bad especially for someone like me who is away.

The other stuff is scutter

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever been warm at a match in Templederry. Always a howling gale blowing off the hills

They think they know it all and they know fuck all.

Is that Dromā€™s first U21 A County since 2000 it is?

Theyā€™ve had some teams in the interim. I recall attending them winning a Mid Final on a rotten December day in 2007 with Woody and Callanan in their pomp. The all conquering Kilruane team of that era gave them a bit of a hiding in the County Semi Final though.

1. Won two in a row beating Killenaule in 2000 and Toome in 2001.

Lost after a replay to Toome in 2005 after knocking out both Sars and Loughmore.

In 2007, lost to Kilruane in the final; Buggy O Meara did wreck. Seamie Callanan robbed Clonoulty with a last minute free from 30 yards that went straight to the net with the last puck of the ball in the semi final on a woejeus day in Templederry.

4 Likes

Ye will put down a good night tonight Stone Cold.

1 Like

Sorry meant 2001.

Gave an @Fat_Pox inspired Eire Og a clipping in Drombane in the semi.

I was there in 2005 too. In the Stadium

Springer was unreal as an U17.

As cold and open a place as there is. Always gets games this time of the year due to not being waterlogged and a stand.

I remember playing a county final there before christmas back in 2000. I was a young raw garsun just out of juvenile and it was positively baltic. A bottle of poteen was produced in the dressing room from a brown bag by a club stalwart. A dollop was poured into the hands was duly rubbed into the legs as I was instructed. The grizzled veteran beside grabbed the bottle and took a substantial swig. Greenhorned me stared at him in shock. He then proclaimed to me that ā€œSome fellas think it works better from the outside in, but I find it works better from the inside outā€.

12 Likes

The only A under 21 title we won. Seamus Butler got 4 goals Iā€™d say in the semi.

2 Likes