Tipperary GAA 2024

If it was up to me I’d have Breen at 3 and Maher at 6… but they’ve persisted with Ronan at 3… So…

O’Mara only other option. I dont think he played well there when introduced v Limerick but he was just back from injury.

Barrett seems to be out for a while.

1 Like

What age is Barrett now?

31 later in the year.

Tough year last year with that bad concussion v Limerick. He was nowhere near right when Whelan roasted him in the TUS Gaelic Grounds and probably shouldn’t have been playing.

Yeah I saw him in the GG that day and he looked finished to my eyes. Was just caught for speed which is usually a death knell for a sticky corner back.

Whats wrong with Cathal?

Hamstrings

Tipp will bate Clare on Sunday I think.

The extra week is key. Not playing in the first round of the championship will suit them more to get to the league final.

Portlaoise is an odd venue though. They should have put the two semi-finals together.

I suppose the weather had put any chance of that to rest but a double header in Cork would have been ideal

1 Like

There is already an exceedingly attractive double header in Cork tomorrow.

1 Like

I see that. You couldn’t be up to Feargal and the lads

1 Like

A 4.30pm throw in time thrown in too just to keep lads on their toes.

Was it the Tipp v Limerick game a few weeks ago threw in at 7.35pm. I thought it was very good now.

I’d imagine that was to pacify RTE to allow them collect full advertising revenue from the Six Nations match preceding. Feargal is an obliging chap

I think Feargal and the lads do be on the wind up half the time with these things.

For the last while the traditional 2pm/4pm Sunday slots had moved back by 15 minutes to 1.45pm/3.45pm, but they’ve only gone and done a u-turn for this week with the Tipp match throwing in at 4pm.

Very hard to get the wash up done after dinner in time for throw in with with that scheduling. It has irked me for a while

I’m the opposite and prefer the 1.45pm start.

I’d even go back to 1.30pm/3.30pm like they do for the Club Championship.

The auld lad - 80 before the year will be out - hummed and hawed, had a few comments about how awful this Tipp team are to watch, etc. etc., and then ‘ah sure, I can’t miss the Cork game. Get me a ticket’, followed a few moments later by ‘you might as well stick me down for the Clare game as well’.

WE GO AGAIN.

11 Likes

Great to see Babs getting the recognition he deserves on this milestone birthday.

2 Likes

That cunt Wooly treated him appallingly on that podcast in 2019

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/thomasniblock/status/1780490333509304619?t=iQ3MAC5VPJ7i4BtJG9Z23Q&s=19

1 Like