Tipperary GAA 2024

The Tipp media don’t spare their team ever. This is a cutting article.

That’s tremendous reading

4 Likes

Over to players and management now to respond to it on the field. We don’t do sympathy in Tipperary.

3 Likes

Tipp FM/Tipp Mid West Radio will be fairly intense tonight.

1 Like

Their players are a lot better than they showed yesterday. I would lay the blame of that defeat solely on management tbh.

They didn’t even try to play a style that suited the players they picked.

What is the point of having a goalscorer like Jake Morris and then just launching the ball on top of Dan Morrissey? They didn’t even try to get the likes of Gearoid O’Connor or Tynan into the game.

Conor Bowe played well yesterday, he was probably the best of them. But again, the style they played wasn’t set up to get the best out of them.

It was utter madness from Cahill.

1 Like

Will Loughnane and Tadhg Connors being singing Slievenamon?

They won’t.

It will be JJ Kennedy first up followed by Ken Hogan, Noel Dundon and Tom McGrath I suspect.

I prefer when JJ comes on last though as he usually lines up and takes aim at whoever was on before him.

1 Like

Any truth in the rumours of a falling out in the camp after the league semi? The McGrath faction were none too plussed with the treatment of John McGrath I was told.

Len Gaynor usually gets rolled out on the really dark days (2012 v Kilkenny being a classic of this genre) but i suspect he won’t be on this time around with the family connection to Cahill.

They used really go to town on the players in that 2011-2014 period. 2014 post the Limerick defeat was absolutely box office.

Even League games back then used to get savage treatment. There was a defeat to Cork in PUR in 2013 and Clare in the Stadium in 2014 that got the full works.

Noel played for Loughmore that morning and was in his normal clothes in Portlaoise so there were rumours but Tom McGrath went on Tipp FM the Monday to clear it up.

I think Cahill started out in the job wanting to play his hard running Waterford style. Realised he hadn’t the panel to do it, tried to adapt or pivot to something else and has landed nowhere.

2 Likes

100%.

Bowe shouldn’t be wearing a jersey with a number less than 8 on it for Tipp. I’d have him in the forwards, where he usually plays.

2 Likes

The hard runners who Cahill had around the middle on his underage teams like Colin English, Jerome Cahill, Stevie Nolan and Ger Browne are all for one reason or another not available to him.

Wheres Nolan?

Still playing for Drom.

He doesn’t have the physique or physicality for it. Probably won’t even make the Drom team this year

There is an amount of these types in Tipperary at the moment; lads on the fringes of panels who most casual supporters would never have seen or barely heard of unless you were a regular attendee at or viewer of games not involving your club or if you were going to underage county games regularly.

Sheedy will be nearly 60 by then. Why bother?

What time is that starting tonight?

Jack O’Connor did it. If Sheedy thinks there’s an All Ireland there to be won, he’ll be back.

Funny how a lot of the current Tipp players are rated higher outside the county than inside. I get the fact that Tipp Supporters are the most cynical bunch you can find, but they do know their hurling.

The 2009 onwards team were heavily criticized at times but no one ever doubted their ability, but the current crop just don’t have it.

Tipp MWR throws in at 6 and Tipp FM goes live at 7.

2 Likes