Tipperary GAA 2024

If you say so

4 Likes

I’m guessing that’s from Premierview but you’ll always have a few OTT optimists.

1 Like

A site that’s got almost as many oddballs as this place. I wouldn’t be paying any heed in the commentary of forumites there.

Pace, power and physicality.

Is it the camogie side that the OP was referring to?

1 Like

I’d argue that there’s more over there.

It’s an embarrassing thing……

1 Like

There is an amount of these types in Tipperary at the moment; lads getting an auld token appearance here and there but ultimately not persisted with, given a chance to develop or not good enough

1 Like

Unfortunately this might be it.

1 Like

Tipperary hurling is not an environment whereby your given 3/4 years to develop into yourself, we have a large player pool so we are always looking for the finished product and every club campaign is a comparison that player X who is not on the panel is better than player Y who is on the panel.

It’s probably a negative now in the days of the rubby league type hurling that is in vogue which we are trying to replicate and the commitments players need physically to get in shape.

I actually hope we don’t see a whole raft of changes because as bubbles said on smaller fish, what’s coming off the bench is not going to improve it. Noel & Barrett in, after that one or two changes max.

3 Likes

Isnt that the tipp way? Blame each other for gailings? Hes from this club, too many north, south mid players etc?

An opposite to Clare as Donal og stated on TSG last week who blame everyone and everything but themselves?

Sidenote: three new (to me) Tipperary GAA histories.

If anyone ever runs across an unwanted copy of Fr Moran’s Ballybacon-Grange history, please let me know.

1 Like

Excellently sharp point. Cautionary for 2020s Tipperary. There is a version of same present in 2020s Kilkenny as well.

Back in the 1990s, I often heard canny Kilkenny and Tipp people saying that Ollie Baker, if from either county, would never have made intercounty, because the patience would not have been there, in either county, to develop OB.

4 Likes

I see there is a lad from St Patrick’s on the tipp minor footballers - never heard of the club. Assume they are south Tipp?

Drangan.

My aunt’s husband came out of there and played football for Tipp and Munster.

1 Like

Nestled between Fethard and Mullinahone. Have been junior hurling for as long as I can remember despite producing some decent players. There is a load of first teams in the south junior A championship making it even more difficult for them to ever get up.

Drangan and Cloneen, their pitch is in Cloneen, an iconic South Tipp juvenile match venue.
Won 2 county senior football championships in the late 40s early 50s.
Davy Hogan and Tom Anglim their most recent Tipp footballers I’d say,.
Fr Peter Brennan played with them while he was curate there, a tough yoke.

Tough yoke is an understatement. Won senior county titles with Loughmore and Clonoulty.

And played with Rockwell. A filthy corner back.

1 Like

He’d skiver you, full back for Tipp in the 85 Munster Final I think.

1 Like

He won County Senior Hurling medals with two different clubs didn’t he?