Tipperary GAA 2024

Stephen Dee was with the 20s last year. There again this year. I’d wager you’d go back to the late 90s/early 2000s when they had a few minor footballers.

1 Like

They are both brothers but cousin of Colin who transferred to Ballygiblin. He had attempted a transfer to St Mary’s/Clonmel commercials but it fell through and he went across the border to Ballygiblin/Mitchelstown. I think he’s in Oz now.

A very athletic lad but needed 3/4 years in the panel to develop and doing his club hurling in Cork wasn’t going to help that.

1 Like

No more dual at all? Hmmmm

Can’t really with the round robins at minor

He had no hurling in him.

https://twitter.com/ToomeGAA/status/1787582885886603692?t=ZhR0BOASrYCjDHK-FTuHww&s=19

2 Likes

I see Newport won Division 1 of the Feile, It really is about time that they see some progress since their population growth over the last number of years.

Is Podge Tobin still involved with the club there?

He is. Not sure if he’s involved in any teams at the moment but he’s a committee member as far as I know.

What sort of a team had C/R out that Cashel beat them in the Crosco Cup?

cc @peddlerscross

No such thing as a weak Clonoulty team but they were missing at least 4 or 5 definite starters.

Having said that Cashel were down Connolly x2 and O’Donoghue too from the 20’s. Aaron Browne didn’t play either.

Cathal Quinn, Ger Browne and Devon Ryan did most of the scoring for Cashel.

1 Like

I was just looking yesterday felt like Tipperary limerick 2009 moment. When the whole thing just completely fell apart. Similar to cork in the 2021 final also. Amazing how teams and counties can rebound quick enough.

Surely tipp will look back with regret only to win 3 all Irelands with that 2010 team.

Brendan Maher, bonnar, paudie, Noel McGrath, Barrett and a few more were surely better than three all Irelands.

I’d have them ahead of that 99 to 05 cork team who also won three.

1 Like

I’d say on a head to head you’d have to pick more players off that cork team. Maye even in the forwards but mostly cork in the back nine.

No, just no.

To me between those teams; Cork would have a much much better defence and midfield, but Tipp had better forwards Ben O’Connor aside.

1 Like

There was great balance to that Cork attack.

And they stuck around and were on top and there abouts a long time and never took a year off. Deane and BOC class obviously. 2 great teams, Cork might just be too tough for them, that halfback line.

They were better players.

The awfullness of Timmy and Niall Mc and Niall Ronan balanced by the greatness of Ben/Brian Corcoran and Joe Deane.

1 Like

Paudie Maher, Cathal Barrett and Brendan Maher would start in defence.

1 Like