Tipperary GAA 2024

It’d be something like:

DOC
Sherlock O’Sullivan Barrett
Paudie Curran Sean og
Maher O’Connor
O’Connor Corcoran McGrath
Corbett Callanan Dean

As I says, even in the forwards but mostly cork in the back nine.

https://twitter.com/TipperaryGAA/status/1792646555154911233?t=pZkGdEKrrPGyzGbKvBaoCw&s=19

Trained in Holycross last week.
Some fine praise for H/B @peddlerscross

Tradition.

1 Like

Cork didnt even select Sherlock in the end which was bizzare, he was clearly good enough to be in the team

1 Like

I wouldn’t put Eamonn Corcoran centre forward. He’d be lost up there.

7 Likes

Cork? They took two years off in 2001 and 2002 sure. Sean Óg’s accident had an influence in 01’ when Limerick caught them on the hop in straight knockout. They were poor enough in 2002. A half-fit Ken McGrath put them to the sword in Munster and they limped out tamely enough against Galway in the qualifiers. Dónal Ó Grady transformed them in 2003. They were big underdogs against a Clare team who’d just hammered Tipp.

1 Like

I am not a fan of Sean Og arising from some of the strikes and when he cut the shite out of JBM on his team selection when he gave Seamus Harnedy his debut and he said he had never even heard of St Ita’s never mind Harnedy

So perhaps I am biased but I would pick Gardiner, Brendan Maher and Wayne Sherlock ahead of him at wing back. I think Sean Og was a good hurler, good athlete , good servant of the Cork hurlers but I would have the others over him as better players

If Brendan Maher goes to wing back I would have Tom Kenny midfield, I would go with that selection rather than Sean Og wing back and Maher midfield

The strange thing about the Cork team of the 2000s was that all of the main men were more a less done by the time they hit 30, very much diminishing returns from 2006 onwards and a number of them fell off a cliff form wise which I think is a reason a number of them aren’t held in the same regard nationally as some of their contemporaries of the time.

1 Like

no eoin kelly?!

Was Jerry O’Connor one of the most overrated hurler going? He had about three good years for Cork yet seems to be held in huge regard. While Tom Kenny was every bit as effective for close to a decade hardly gets a mention

What way does the Minor go from here?

Are Galway still in it?

Galway play Waterford in a preliminary quarter.

1 Like

We could be sitting ducks by the time the Semi Final comes around.

Cummins
sherlock The Rock, Brian Murphy
Gardiner Curran P Maher
B Maher T Dunne
BOC, NMcGrath Bubbles
Ekelly S Callinan Lar

6 cork 9 tipp
tempted to go Joe Deane for Lar to make it a 7 \8 split

I’d be on board with that. Leaving off Gardiner and Kenny was a bit harsh. Kelly was there at the start of the cycle of that tipp team but not really of that generation so I left him out.

Barrett a good player to leave out

The limericks are fierce preoccupied by Tipperarys demise

my 6 subs - Cusack, Barrett, Sean Og, T Kenny, B Corcoran , J Deane

He is but I did !

I started in 1999 hence T Dunne gets in